NECG Ghost Ring Peep Sight

I've used one of the N-100 Peep sights. Great set up on my Ruger Alaskan out to 100yds or so with the big front sight that comes on those rifles.

A little crude to adjust but it gets the job done.

Thanks hodgeman! I use the Asley Ghost Ring sight on my Marlin 1894C 357mag. Liked it and was accurate enough to shoot ground squirrels and golf balls. Just wondering if it is the same concept? By instructions to sight in on this sight they say after sighted in you could remove and reinstall it without POA change.

300 H&H":39ntcwh0 said:
Thanks hodgeman! I use the Asley Ghost Ring sight on my Marlin 1894C 357mag. Liked it and was accurate enough to shoot ground squirrels and golf balls. Just wondering if it is the same concept? By instructions to sight in on this sight they say after sighted in you could remove and reinstall it without POA change.

You can- it's an opposing screw adjustment with a perpendicular set screw on one side. Once adjusted you can tighten the set screw and use the other side to install and remove. I liked it enough on my .375 that I just never put a scope back on it.

I have two of these, on my custom Rugers in 376 Steyr and 416 Taylor.

I paired them with their banded front sights on both rifles, and can quickly install by removing the scopes (a Leupold VX-3 1.5-5 and a Trijicon 1-4 with green post) on both rifles and popping into place where the rear ring normally sits. Has been repeatable in tests at the range to date, but I've not needed to use as the back up I bought for in the field, yet.

The set up works great on the 376, but am waiting to get out when I have a moment and nice weather to sight in on the 416.

I use the N-100 peep on my Ruger International with the large aperture. The N-100G was not available when i bought mine. The "G" looks like it may be a better setup with the aperture between the ears although I've never had an issue with mine. The 100 comes with two apertures. The "G"only comes with the .093 aperture which was fine for me at the range but too small for hunting with. To me much more of a peep than a ghost ring... The "G" gives you more options but they must be purchased seperately. Will depend on your eyes and the barrel length. Mine does hold zero. I have a Weaver 4x set in rings, the NECG sight and the factory open sights all zeroed for the only load I use in that rifle.

Back