New addition

boomer68

Handloader
Oct 23, 2006
Just picked this beauty up. This will be my fourth big 8 and the nicest looking one yet.

Attachments

• DSCF7882.jpeg
    DSCF7882.jpeg
    501.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF7883.jpeg
    DSCF7883.jpeg
    525.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF7884.jpeg
    DSCF7884.jpeg
    557 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF7885.jpeg
    DSCF7885.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF7886.jpeg
    DSCF7886.jpeg
    458.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF7887.jpeg
    DSCF7887.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 15
Have a lot of respect for the big 8. I had one for several years and, as noted before, became frustrated with a lack of bullets. Had it rebarreled to a 338 jarrett. Had I had a crystal ball I probably would have suffered through the lean bullet year and been more than satisfied. It sure killed elk with authority.

Beautiful wood on that BDL! Hope she shoots as good as she looks!
I know Craig Boddington wrote glowingly of his 8mm Rem Mag and used it on many hunts.
I have never had the chance to play with one...but am quite fond of its offspring in the 7MM STW!
And began my adventures with the 338 caliber prior to that, and have seen no need for jumping into the 8mm arena with the success I have had with the various 338s.
Who knows what may have transpired if I had dabbled with 8mm's first...

You've done well. Lovely specimen that will no doubt deliver the goods. I came to truly enjoy the 8s. My 325 WSM was a favourite, until I sold it. The 8X69S is a ballistic twin that puts a grin on my chin each time I shoot it.

Wow, they put some nice lumber on that one. Hope it shoots as good as it looks!

Beautiful rifle and very cool chambering.

JD338

Thanks guys. Pretty nice looking for a 40+ yr old rifle. Looking forward to testing it out.

I shot my first couple of elk, including my only branch antler bull (a raghorn 5x5) with a Remington 700 BDL in 8mm Rem Mag that I bought out of the Nickel Ads.

We loaded the 220 grain Sierra Gameking on top of as much H4831 that my Dad could tamp down into the case. 🙄
It kicked like a mule but I shot it well. Unfortunately I sold it and bought other things.

An under appreciated cartridge for sure!

I shot my first couple of elk, including my only branch antler bull (a raghorn 5x5) with a Remington 700 BDL in 8mm Rem Mag that I bought out of the Nickel Ads.

We loaded the 220 grain Sierra Gameking on top of as much H4831 that my Dad could tamp down into the case. 🙄
It kicked like a mule but I shot it well. Unfortunately I sold it and bought other things.

An under appreciated cartridge for sure!
I have some Sierra’s and 180BT to try. My previous 8’s liked the 220 over RL25.

Back