Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
257 Bee ultralight! Should be a laser!

Should Compliment my other Mark V's well
270 SS Synthetic
378 5 panel Lasermark
416 ClassicMark.

257b.jpg

Very nice, Fotis. It is certainly a classic cartridge, and the rifle looks classy, as well.

Nice rifle, I have the same rifle in 280 rem. Very light rifle with good balance and feel. You wont be disappointed. Brian

Nice rifle Pop! That will be fun to shoot. Brian how does that Weatherby in 280 shoot for you? I'm a huge 280 fan, had one and sold it, but need to replace it!

It is a used but like new model. About 10 rounds down the bore. The rifle will come with some 80 gr Tipped TSX WBY ammo he used..
I never ever looked at these before. I want to the weatherby site and they claim 3870 fps!!!

Picture this: At sea level 1.9" high at 100 yards. yield 17.5" drop at 500 yards! Antelope beware.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/de ... ber=624912

Previous owner claims 1/2" - 3/4" groups with this load.

6mm Remington":ax8uy24d said:
Nice rifle Pop! That will be fun to shoot. Brian how does that Weatherby in 280 shoot for you? I'm a huge 280 fan, had one and sold it, but need to replace it!
I am also a 280 fan. My Weatherby shoots great. The rifle is so freaky light I didnt think it would shoot worth a damn. I use 160gr partitions on everything.

Jeez, all the Weatherbys showing up lately, I may have to look into another one. If they just offered the 7mm in a Vanguard!

Very nice rifle Fotis. Those ultralights are my favorite Weatherbys. Can't help but this that 257Wby in the Ultralight would make the other rifles jealous. So light and packing alot of juice.

What a flat shooting load! Man that is scary it shoots so flat. Wonder what 100gr PTs would be like outta my 264! Now the wheels are turning! Scotty

I know Scotty it is not a 264 ...but between the 257 and 270 bee I think I am good!.
Your 264 should do 3600 fps with the 100 gr PT/BT. Another Laser.

POP":1wbo7p1r said:
I know Scotty it is not a 264 ...but between the 257 and 270 bee I think I am good!.
Your 264 should do 3600 fps with the 100 gr PT/BT. Another Laser.

Those MK5 synthetics and Fibermsrks are quite a deal for a MK5. That 7mm Weatherby is another cool round I have always admired. I would like to put another 7mm in my safe someday and one of the Weatherbys would be cool.

I almost went for the 257WBY right after I came back from my last deployment but went with a 25-06 instead. Since I have the 264 I figure a 257 would be just about the same minus .007"! Scotty

Your thoughts are correct.

Either way now that I have researched this 80 Tipped TSX load at 3900 fps I like to think of it as a 220 Swift for big game! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow, great point. Never thought of that. That would be one dynamite load for antelope and muleys. Kinda nice to not have to worry about holdover out to 500! Might have to get some little BTs and give them a whirl in the 264 after I get the 130's worked out. Scotty

Oh man, that is nice, really nice!
You can call her the Postal Express because you can hunt into the next zip code.
Looking forward to seeing it in action. :wink:

JD338

Seems like a VX3 3.5x10 would be a nicely balanced scope and give you plenty of range. Scotty

Of course you would bring one up I DO NOT have!!!!
:evil: :evil:

:mrgreen:

Another one. I gonna be broke! :p

Back