new bullet probably an old idea

nitis

Handloader
Dec 20, 2008
I am sure this has been discussed plenty in the past. and teh selection of bullets we have to choose from is more than adequat kinda like adding a new short mag or something.

Why not a tipped Partition?

Not that the accuracy of the Partition is bad but a tip sure couldnt hurt.

Dont get me wrong the AccuBond is great but for deep penetration the Partition is tough to beat right?

What do ya think?

It has been brought up in the past. I guess it would work fine, but between all the other bullets offered, I just don't see the need. My take anyway.

nitis

This has come up in the past and Nosler has indicated that they have no plans on changing the Partition design.

It would be the ultimate long range elk bullet. :wink:

JD338

I am not asking for a replacement just one more bullet

I was just looking for reaction and thoughts I know the likely hood of this happening is slim to none and really not needed.. but I would buy it

The benefit of a tipped PT are not immediately apparent. Whilst the tipped TSX appeals to many people, I haven't observed a dramatic benefit to the average hunter. It is attractive, and I do not doubt that a tipped PT would be attractive. However, it would do little that the AB does not do.

I have to agree with nitis. I would like to see a tipped PT. I do not like how the tip mashes flat in the magazine from recoil. They also flatten when chambered too many times. It may or may not effect accuracy but I hate the look of the blunt tip.

steve

Back