New development from Minox...

G

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=66005

Not sure if it's still "German components, US-made" but it appears to be an interesting development from Minox. The description does say "designed and engineered in Germany" but not much else. This model is not yet listed on Minox's website, either, but it has been mentioned by a few online reviewers as "coming soon" or "new product."

It's a good time to be looking for optics for rifles, that's for sure!

The ad would lead me to believe it is assembled in the USA. In any case, it is priced to sell.

Yeah, I wouldn't be scared of one. A 4x12 or something along those lines would be nice as well.

FWIW, I believe I've read somewhere that this new line of scopes from MINOX is assembled in China but using the German components. Hence, the competitive pricing on the entire ZV line.

35R

35R is on the money here. Assembled in China. German design. Warranty the same as the ZA series. Coatings are "similar" but not "the same" as the ZA. I suspect, reading between the lines (as both are labeled as "M*" coatings) the number of layers of coating is higher in the ZA lines. Overall, one to watch, for sure. At $200, it might be the first "Chinese" scope I'm able to stomach trying. We'll see.

Nope! After working there building a plant for seven years, no buy Chinese anymore! After seeing how they make so cheap and unfair practices with exports!

Oldtrader3":2l2ly8xt said:
Nope! After working there building a plant for seven years, no buy Chinese anymore! After seeing how they make so cheap and unfair practices with exports!

I am much the same Charlie. I would rather just wait for a ZA3 to be on clearance..

I am sure it is a decent scope...

Probably is but until China changes their attitude from that of our friend Barack to that of reasonable, in currency practices and export practices, I am out!

Back