New Leupold fixed 8x!!

Songdog

Handloader
Apr 6, 2009
Just a few weeks ago I was pining for one of these on another post in the optics section... low and behold, here's what I find whilst perusing the SWFA site...

http://swfa.com/Leupold-8x40-FX-II-Rifl ... 50857.aspx

Ahhhhhh.... YEAH!! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these babies... seems the ultimate coyote scope for my .243 sporter. I've had several of the old 7.5x, 8x, 10x, and 12x versions of this scope (though only one (the 7.5x) had turrets). I wish they made it in 10x... but 8x is very underrated, especially in the open country I tend to roam. Target turrets and all for under $400... a steal! Good to see Leupold make some cool limited runs like this...

Songdog":1jk5f6zd said:
Just a few weeks ago I was pining for one of these on another post in the optics section... low and behold, here's what I find whilst perusing the SWFA site...

http://swfa.com/Leupold-8x40-FX-II-Rifl ... 50857.aspx

Ahhhhhh.... YEAH!! I can't wait to get my hands on one of these babies... seems the ultimate coyote scope for my .243 sporter. I've had several of the old 7.5x, 8x, 10x, and 12x versions of this scope (though only one (the 7.5x) had turrets). I wish they made it in 10x... but 8x is very underrated, especially in the open country I tend to roam. Target turrets and all for under $400... a steal! Good to see Leupold make some cool limited runs like this...

I have an old 8X40 AO just like it except it has only the elevation turret with a friction dial on the side, been toying with putting it on my 264 WM. They are nice scopes, don't think they have made them in a while. What do you think about putting it on a 264 have had no problems with 7X in open country.

That sounds like a great scope for the open country. What reticles is it available with?

SJB358":azbrymyn said:
That sounds like a great scope for the open country. What reticles is it available with?

Looks like it's only available with the fine duplex...

Back