New loading bench?

Here is mine. It's approx. 34" high, made of 2x4s. The top is 3/4" plywood with a 1/4" layer of masonite on top. I have a smaller bench for my sizers for cast bullets and another smaller one with two shotgun presses mounted.

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

Wow... Lee.. Wow... I do believe that's on a 'someday when I retire' wishlist. Well done sir.

Here are the plans I created to make mine. It had to be free standing and able to be taken down. My local wood workers supply place, had really nice high grade plywood in 5x5 sheets and I set it up to make use of one of those cut down and doubled up for the top.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/bench2.jpg/

I prefer working off a stool, so this bench is a bit higher than most. I sort of built it tall, knowing I could always cut it down if I needed to.

The top and support 2x4 top frame was made as one piece and then bolted into the notched out 4x4s leg assemblies. About the only thing I ended up changing from the original plan was adding a plywood backing (57x24) behind the bench connecting the leg assemblies. It eliminated a the tiny bit of sway.

Aside from a pair of wrenches to crank down the bolts, the only tools used were a circular saw and a power drill/driver.

Alright guys, I finally got around to building my bench today. I still have to build some shelving above, put a couple coats of clear on the top and install the equipment, but I took a couple hours today ( my B-day :mrgreen: ) to pick up the materials and build the bench.

Attachments

• DSC00012.JPG
    DSC00012.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 427
  • DSC00013.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 427
Thanks guys. I know it looks small, but will be more than adequate for my purposes. If measured from the corner, it is 54" on the left and 48" on the right and 18" deep. I doubled up some 3/4" "cabinet grade" plywood for the top for a solid 1 1/2". I am planning to mount my primary press on the far right corner, powder measure and scale in the center crotch and probably my backup press to the left for de-capping and misc. I'll post more pics as it unfolds.

CatskillCrawler":2cm5z6lf said:
Nice set-ups Lee and G3450!

Looks like you're on your way Widge. Happy BD!!

+1

I and finishing my basement and I am building my man cave down there. Looks great so far!

Dear lord Glock.....you have a better powder selection than any of the stores we have locally! Nice set up fellas....my bench is currently WAY too messy for any photos!

Back