New Nosler .224 cal 64 gr Bonded Solid Base

6mm Remington":vtp8f8ok said:
FOTIS":vtp8f8ok said:
That would kill antegoats everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!
If it were legal in Wyoming that is. :!:
Fotis, you are serious? :cry: They won't let you shoot antelope with a 22-250? :eek: Does Wyoming have a .243 minimum? That's too bad as I have seen several, probably 5 over the years shot with one. Pretty impressive what they did on them. I remember one antelope this buddy of my dads shot on the run and made a really lucky shot and dropped this antelope. By the time we went the 300 yards or so to where it lay, it was stiffened up like it had been laying there a week! The shock to the system on that animal must have been really powerful. I have never seen an animal like that before or since.

Minnesota had the same rules up till about 5 years ago. Now a centerfire 22 caliber is legal even in this Commie state. My buddies in Montana use 22-250's for antegoats (like that word you made up Fotis :lol: ) and deer more than anything else. They load plain old 50 grain interlocks and put lots of meat in the freezer with that combo.

WoW :shock:

That's outstanding performance for such a little pill, specially at those speeds. I do wonder,however, if shot in a .223R at ~ 2800/2900 fps would expand as well. Nonetheless, I had my hand on a few bags myself to try them in my 1:12" Remmy.

Thanks for the report,

35R

Jim,
That's awsome performance and at a good weight for light deer. When you said solid base bonded what comes to mind is a copper bullet with a bonded, jacketed lead front half. Can you describe it or show a picture of a sectioned one? I'd like to try some.
Thanks
Greg

Greg Nolan":23o177nz said:
Jim,
That's awsome performance and at a good weight for light deer. When you said solid base bonded what comes to mind is a copper bullet with a bonded, jacketed lead front half. Can you describe it or show a picture of a sectioned one? I'd like to try some.
Thanks
Greg

Greg,

This bullet looks like a conventional soft point bullet with a boat tail just like the BT and AB bullets.
The core is bonded, just like an AB.
It was designed for a gov't agency and the 223 Rem. It holds up well in the 22-250.

JD338

Looks like a good performer...I may have to try some for my daughter on blacktails this fall.

Back