New Nosler Bullet Boxes

Scott, you and David are giving me an inferiority complex. Man, I feel like a real slob when I see what you've done.

DrMike":35yw200a said:
Scott, you and David are giving me an inferiority complex. Man, I feel like a real slob when I see what you've done.

Just a matter of survival Mike! :grin: My loading bench, work bench, office and gunsafe all occupy the same 6'x9' closet. In the new house I'll actually have a Man Cave. 8)

Scott

I got bags and bags and bags and bags of bullets. I'm surprised my cabinet hasn't fallen off the wall! I had everything organized and then got more bullets than organizing room. You guys have thought it out well I'm gonna have to look into something like that.

Then I see these and I don't have any idea why I did not think of the MTM cases first. I should have figured they would make storage boxes just the right size for bullets. I think they will probably be a little stronger and stay closed just a bit more securely than the Plano boxes made for flies and lures will, although I'm sure they will provide good service for me. Non-the-less, I ordered up 10 of the 4.2" x 2.4" x 1.5" MTM utility boxes just for more bullets! They are only about $2.40 each and I think they will come in really handy. Muleman, nice set-up sir!
David

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/re ... ng-ub.html

DrMike":2dypdn9f said:
+1!

My bench is a mess with bags of bullets and other crap everywhere. I reall like that idea. Might have to get me some of those.

DrMike":1djtp7x9 said:

Boy howdy Mike. As it stands right now I have to go on an Easter egg hunt every time I set off to do some reloading. Sad part is that I'm the one who hid my own eggs and I still have issues finding what I'm wanting.

I do like Scott and Davids idea right smartly.

Bill

Bill,

Good analogy! Mine is more like the squirrel that hid nuts and can't remember where the nuts were "squirreled away." Organisation would be a wise move, and those pictures serve to spur me to act.

Gee

I thought I was organized, I have my bullets by caliber in old military ammo boxes on the floor. I have to many for shelves. Then on a shelve above them are the cases by caliber. I used to keep all of my ammo in my old footlocker,but it got to be a hassle and I could not move it. I am thrifty in bullet weights however, for example in 30 cal, I only have 150 and 180. 7 mm is 160 and 175. That does simplify inventory. I am not much of an experimenter once I find a load that meets my needs, I stay with it forever.

Elkman":30ozdqch said:
Gee

I thought I was organized, I have my bullets by caliber in old military ammo boxes on the floor. I have to many for shelves. Then on a shelve above them are the cases by caliber. I used to keep all of my ammo in my old footlocker,but it got to be a hassle and I could not move it. I am thrifty in bullet weights however, for example in 30 cal, I only have 150 and 180. 7 mm is 160 and 175. That does simplify inventory. I am not much of an experimenter once I find a load that meets my needs, I stay with it forever.

I'm with you on that. One load for one rifle. Once I get that I am happy and I don't change. Now you did see that I have some 165 gr. BT's there in the 30-06 line-up. What I am hoping will happen is that they will shoot the same load that has worked in two 30-06's with 3 different bullets (165 gr. Solid Base boattail, Partition, and now AccuBond, will also shoot the 165 gr. BT w/o having to change anything. If it does, I'm one very lucky guy. That way I can shoot the cheaper target at varmints, targets, steel, and just for practice. Hopefully it will be close to the same POI also so I don't mess with that. If that does not match up close enough, then it's just shoot the Accubonds at everything. :roll:

Those 180 gr. Accubonds & Partitions are for my boy's 300 WSM. Still have not quite found THE load for it yet. :lol:
David

6mm Remington":3q3a4bnt said:
Boxes, don't need no stinking boxes. :lol: So you dirty rotten buggers have opened my eyes to this SPS site and I have been ordering bullets, and ordering more bullets, well you get my point. So instead of having all of those little boxes trying to stack them up neatly as they all come in different sizes, I thought I would try this approach. I went to Wholesale sports to the fishing section where they have all of these nice Plano fly and lure boxes of different configurations that work great for bullets to be kept in. I just marked on them with a permanent marker so if I want to change bullets in one particular storage container, a little rubbing alcohol will take the black mark off and I can mark it with a different bullet then. Since they are clear, I can also tell at a glance how many I have without having to open a bunch of boxes. These came with a little tab on the side with a hole in it so you can hang them up, but not sure I would want to trust those tabs for very long, and I don't think picking up 200 bullets out of my loading cabinet on the wall would be much fun. I just took my pocket knife and cut them off at the edge of the plastic container. Now they stack very neatly in my wall cabinet and I can buy more Nosler bullets! Darn you enablers!! :twisted:
David

005-17.jpg

I notice something is really missing from your collection Dave. It's a definitive need.

nvbroncrider":3uhd4uki said:
6mm Remington":3uhd4uki said:
Boxes, don't need no stinking boxes. :lol: So you dirty rotten buggers have opened my eyes to this SPS site and I have been ordering bullets, and ordering more bullets, well you get my point. So instead of having all of those little boxes trying to stack them up neatly as they all come in different sizes, I thought I would try this approach. I went to Wholesale sports to the fishing section where they have all of these nice Plano fly and lure boxes of different configurations that work great for bullets to be kept in. I just marked on them with a permanent marker so if I want to change bullets in one particular storage container, a little rubbing alcohol will take the black mark off and I can mark it with a different bullet then. Since they are clear, I can also tell at a glance how many I have without having to open a bunch of boxes. These came with a little tab on the side with a hole in it so you can hang them up, but not sure I would want to trust those tabs for very long, and I don't think picking up 200 bullets out of my loading cabinet on the wall would be much fun. I just took my pocket knife and cut them off at the edge of the plastic container. Now they stack very neatly in my wall cabinet and I can buy more Nosler bullets! Darn you enablers!! :twisted:
David

005-17.jpg

I notice something is really missing from your collection Dave. It's a definitive need.
Did you notice in that upper right hand corner all of those 90 gr. Accubonds I just had to get to try out? :oops: Man I went a little crazy there. I have to get off this computer now and get to loading so I can go do a test. There's work to be done here. :p
David

nvbroncrider":ivpfai5k said:
Yes I did but I see a large void in your selection of 7mm's.
I know it and you know it, there needs to be a 280 Remington or AI back in that spot!
David

Mine is partly mess, partly organized. I have several 'projects' going on at the same time.

Anyway, the new Nosler boxes are kinda phony but I've found they hold more than their alloted amount, so for the duplicates I just put them all together in one box. I fit 250 of the .224" bullets in one box. Also, mine get put in a big craftsman storage cabinet with the pull out drawers.

Back