New Nosler Bullet Boxes

richardca99

Beginner
Mar 27, 2012
If this has already been beaten to death, my apologies. I did a search and didn't see anything...

New Nosler bullet boxes = EPIC Failure

Does anyone else feel taken by the fact that you can't simply close the box on a box of Nosler bullets once they've been opened? When I first saw it, I stared at it for a few minutes, thinking there was no way in HELL they were printing boxes that couldn't be resealed. Wrong.

They are actually pretty slick, after you ruin the first one or two.

Try slicing the labels at each end then the inner sleeve will slide right out aaaand... back in.
I think we all experienced your frustration before figuring it out.
Scott

BallisticTipHuntingbox.jpg

Here ya go. Cut on the red lines and you will change your mind on how useless the box is. Had this pic in my photobucket from when a guy on another forum threw a fit because he couldnt open the box without ruining it.

Deer Tracker,

That is a good illustration.

JD338

I still like the old ones. Better yet the speer plastic ones I've got hoarded away. Just slap some blue painters tape on them and scribble away with the sharpie.

I still think the new ones suck no matter how you open them. Nosler should take a page from Hornady. No fancy shiney lables, just corrugated cardboard and cheap ink. Good solid but inexpensive packaging implies good solid no-frills but effective product. I won't be trading my CCs for Amaxs anytime soon though. I can live with the stupid boxes.

Funny, about 99% of the packaging my Nosler bullets came in can't be seal up once opened, been that for quite a few years. Oh, the packaging I'm referring to is a plastic bag.

Richracer1":4cpxeva0 said:
Funny, about 99% of the packaging my Nosler bullets came in can't be seal up once opened, been that for quite a few years. Oh, the packaging I'm referring to is a plastic bag.

Same here! I was kinda in the same boat when I go the first new box.. They are pretty slick though.

I will stick with the bags as much as I can though.

The slide out match boxes have been out a looong time. Then again how many know what wooded matches are? It could be surprizing how many do not know what a blue tip safty match is.

I am still using the fold over lid nosler boxes. I think I would perfer a sturdy cardboard slide out box even over the plastic boxes.

...well, this kinda sucks...

...I have a tuff enuff time just trying to figger out which way the twist ties on the dinner roll bag go...

wildgene":20x96qv6 said:

...I have a tuff enuff time just trying to figger out which way the twist ties on the dinner roll bag go...

Just spin them and tuck them under the bag Marine!! Jeeze, do I gotta think of everything! :lol:

SJB358":1beqrrkm said:
wildgene":1beqrrkm said:

Just spin them and tuck them under the bag Marine!! Jeeze, do I gotta think of everything! :lol:

...gotta get 'em off first, Top. It ain't like I got some cheerful PFC handing 'em out whilst I casually stroll down the line... :mrgreen:

And today in the mail from Midway I got yet another type of box, that opens up and down instead of sliding sideways. But not the old tab box either. Must be new production 180 grain Accubonds.

I don't actually mind any of the boxes, have not had troubles with any type.

wildgene":3u5mx4az said:

I just grab a sidecutter to save frustration :lol:

joelkdouglas":la00oaf3 said:
And today in the mail from Midway I got yet another type of box, that opens up and down instead of sliding sideways. But not the old tab box either. Must be new production 180 grain Accubonds.

I don't actually mind any of the boxes, have not had troubles with any type.

...hey!!! We ain't all rocket surgeons...

Boxes, don't need no stinking boxes. :lol: So you dirty rotten buggers have opened my eyes to this SPS site and I have been ordering bullets, and ordering more bullets, well you get my point. So instead of having all of those little boxes trying to stack them up neatly as they all come in different sizes, I thought I would try this approach. I went to Wholesale sports to the fishing section where they have all of these nice Plano fly and lure boxes of different configurations that work great for bullets to be kept in. I just marked on them with a permanent marker so if I want to change bullets in one particular storage container, a little rubbing alcohol will take the black mark off and I can mark it with a different bullet then. Since they are clear, I can also tell at a glance how many I have without having to open a bunch of boxes. These came with a little tab on the side with a hole in it so you can hang them up, but not sure I would want to trust those tabs for very long, and I don't think picking up 200 bullets out of my loading cabinet on the wall would be much fun. I just took my pocket knife and cut them off at the edge of the plastic container. Now they stack very neatly in my wall cabinet and I can buy more Nosler bullets! Darn you enablers!! :twisted:
David

005-17.jpg

David,

003-2.jpg

Nice idea! I had to do a similar thing when my SPS purchases started to pile up. I noticed that alot of my brass boxes seem a little low....... that's because I have to much loaded ammo and need to shoot alot more! I'm doing the remodeling thing like Guy and Fotis except I'm doing an entire house! Hope the weather stays nice for a few days. I need to blow off some steam or powder as it be.

Scott

Back