New rifle build, 264 Win Mag

I went with the McGowen because I was happy wih the 6br pistol barrel i just got and how it shoots. It was also the least expensive i was looking at, but wanted to shoot the bolt pistol before i made up my mind.
Now i have +/- 12 weeks to decide on a scope
I’m halve ways through my 12w wait on my Striker barrel. Your br barrel result made me think I made the right choice.

The M70 maple stock is indeed a nice rifle but building your custom just the way you want it will be well worth it. You can always get an aftermarket maple stock if you so desire. Your 264 WM build is going to be awesome!

JD338

Well I got the email yesterday that my barrel should be delivered today, I'm up in Calgary for meeting but should be home tomorrow. Pretty excited, delivery time was alot shorter then I was expecting so I have to hurry up and decide on a scope and get rings. I wasn't expecting it here before the start of hunting season, we'll see if I have time to get it setup for hunting season.:D

Barrel torqued, pillars and action bedded, triggertech installed. Weights 7lbs 1oz as it sits, so should be right at 8 or just over scoped 20220910_155924.jpg20220910_155907.jpg
Talley rings should show up Monday, then time to make the final decision on the scope. Happy with how its turned out.

Last edited:
Beautiful rifle, can't wait to see how it shoots for you.

What scope did you decide on?
Still haven't decided on the scope, waiting for the rings so I can see what obj I can go with with a 1" tube. I am hoping to be able to squeeze a Swaro Z3 4-12x50mm but I dont think its going to work, others in the running is a Leopold vx-3hd 4.5-14x40, Maven CRS 1 or 2

Finished and fired 😁
Mounted the Maven RS.2 2-10x38, the bolt handle still hit the eyepiece so had to file just a touch.
Final weight scoped is 8.0#, wasn't out to build the lightest so I am happy, and could shave a good amount with a new stock and bottom metal if i really wanted to.
Took it to the range and put 10 rounds of Nosler 130AB ammo, shot just over MOA but also hard to really judge with cleaning between shots. I'll put the other 10 rounds thru it in the coming weeks then start some load workup20220918_114419.jpg

Really looks good. Let me know if you need any brass. Noticed some on the shelf at my local gun store. don’t recall the brand.

Back