New Scope purchase

And any man that does have enough sense to run when a woman is involved gains a new title, "the former..."

Interesting post I am learning so much from a few my male counterparts here on the forum :shock:! Cheyenne I don't think you can make a wrong choice when looking at the high end scopes on the market, as far as mounts go I have used nothing but Talley for many years now and never had a problem.

Blessings,
Dan

DrMike":2wesrpqn said:
And any man that does have enough sense to run when a woman is involved gains a new title, "the former..."
All I can say is excuses , excuses , excuses :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sometimes you have to man up and face the music :mrgreen:

Yeah! After almost fifty years of married bliss, I've learned a few thing, Rodger. In any case, I never did like the tune that is sung when a woman goes on the warpath.

If I had the choice I would buy the S&B
As for the mounts A fixed Talley system
is hard to beat. With any caliber. Skid

DrMike":278qc1zt said:
Yeah! After almost fifty years of married bliss, I've learned a few thing, Rodger. In any case, I never did like the tune that is sung when a woman goes on the warpath.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well Buddy I'm not far behind you with soon to be 47yrs with the same woman and it has been a learning experience for sure. When mine goes on the warpath she gives me the silent treatment and she knows I can't handle that.

Jamila,

I've spent way more on the rings, ear rings and diamond tennis bracelets to know a good investment from high way robbery! I read just not that long ago if you bought a diamond in 1967 you just got your investment back. Doesn't seem that good to me, I know I bought two Kahles scopes back in 2001-'04 and got every dollar back from them a few years ago! You get what you pay for. Same goes for the cheap stuff mounted that some how fails when needed the most, or they just can't see it! If you can't see it how can you shot it? This is why good glass is expensive, and if you want it why not get what you want? I always do!

S&B has made military scopes forever and it shows in their line up. Zeiss has been around just as long, but not in the same fashion. I've owned them both and still do, just not the two your looking into buying. With that said the S&B flash dot has been used in the military and still are, tough scopes, great glass and the Zeiss maybe just as good, ether will perform very well. I still have a older 1.5-6x42 Swarovski PV that lacks nothing the other two might have over it except for the price of inflation! Oh, and no red dot, but I don't need it on the rifle it's mounted on.

I'd just look at the price difference, lifetime warranty and functionality, then decide. Buy which ever pleases you the most and just be happy with that choice. It's yours to choose, and not someone else's to judge. Besides, it's your money and know one else's so don't fret it.

Good luck, and best wishes to you with whatever choice you make. Life is just that way!

Jamila,

The 1.5-6x42 will have better low light capabilities then the 1-8x24, even then 6x is still enough for a 600 m-750 m shot. I'd look at it whether or not the extra 2 power over low light is what you'd favor and leave it at that. Seems like the low light factor is the better option IMO.

I'm still trying to figure out how to spend $2,000 on scotch. :)

Can't comment on the scopes as I have no experience with the models mentioned. As for mounting systems you'd be hard pressed to talk me out of Talley.

Tally is my go to mounting system. I hope that helps.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Cole, thank you , your post was appreciated, good information

I want to thank everyone who responded, it is appreciated

However; as I am sure all the married men on the forum knows, a woman can change her mind

Rodger, you are correct, but I don't want it "exclusively" for those hunts or a scope that I use only to hunt that animal.

It looks like I will be buying the

Swarovski. 1.7 - 10 x 42 Z6i 30 mm 2nd generation scope with a 4A-I

I have not given them my credit card number yet, so if any of you fellows think this is a bad idea or have had a bad experience with this scope, please let me know

Thank you

Jamila

Yeah, it's hard for a Swaro to ever be a bad choice. I know I'll keep my eyes open for one of those on the used market in a few years.

Back