New Tipped Hammer bullets!

I wished I would have waited about 9 months before I started buying Hammer bullets...Oh well:)

You and me both. I just started load development for some 131s in my 280AI.

Not to be a smart aleck, but my question would be why? Other than the price I've heard nothing but high praise for Hammer bullets for at least 2 yrs straight now both on accuracy and on game performance with their current design that they've obviously spent a lot of time figuring out.

I was not sold on the new and improved tipped game changer when it came out and after time went on and reading some personal experiences and seeing some pictures, I was even less so. If I wanted to put some tannerite on the end of my bullet to blow up a whitetail I'm sure I could figure out a way to do it without paying extra to have somebody else do it for me.

I guess if the end goal is high BC for long range then bullet makers should market them as such so that everybody else knows to just stick with what already works.

Not to be a smart aleck, but my question would be why? Other than the price I've heard nothing but high praise for Hammer bullets for at least 2 yrs straight now both on accuracy and on game performance with their current design that they've obviously spent a lot of time figuring out.

I was not sold on the new and improved tipped game changer when it came out and after time went on and reading some personal experiences and seeing some pictures, I was even less so. If I wanted to put some tannerite on the end of my bullet to blow up a whitetail I'm sure I could figure out a way to do it without paying extra to have somebody else do it for me.

I guess if the end goal is high BC for long range then bullet makers should market them as such so that everybody else knows to just stick with what already works.
They're expensive. I'd rather have experimented with the new HHT than buy the older design, even if it's proven to work. I am by no means into the newest and shiniest thing, but like you said -- they spent a lot of time on it and I'd like to test it for myself. Right now it'll be a while til I can afford to do so. I couldn't give two rats' behinds about BC, or the lack thereof. I just like experimenting, like most people on the forum.

I'm shooting Hammers in 5 different rifles and calibers, all shoot well and are easy to develop a load for. I just ordered some of the new HHT for my 25-06, if they don't work out I can always go back to the Absolute Hammers. The new HHT, tipped Hammers, are supposed to open up better at long range, we will see.

I believe there is a catch to these that you have to install the tips yourself.
Yep, over on the Hammer time forum they say the bullets are supplied with a jig. You drop the tip in, set the bullet in the jig ,and lightly pop it with a soft faced hammer like nylon or brass. I actually think that process seems kind of fun, although I may change my mind after 100, or so LOL

I believe there is a catch to these that you have to install the tips yourself.

Well that's not a bad option for those that want it. Is this the regular Hammer Hunters that you install the plastic tip into the hollow point or is it a completely different bullet?

Back