Nikon Monarch Question

HTDUCK

Handloader
Apr 18, 2009
Ok fellas,need some sage advice here.

Got to get some new glass for the 264. I have been looking at the Vortex Vipers until today when I got an email form a buddy.
I'm heavily involved with our local Delta Waterfowl chapter and through them I can get a Monarch 4x16x42SF for about 1/2 of the cost of a Viper.
I've never owned a Nikon, and the only two I've ever shot seem to be pretty good glass.
HOWEVER, everytime I get a flyer from Natchez or go to SWFAs websight,they always seem to have a bunch of them on sale as Refurbished.

Anybody have any experience either positive or negative with these scopes?
Thanks in advance,
Howard

Never had a Monarch. They seem like very nice scopes and a 4x16 would be pretty sweet on the 264. I put the 4.5x14 Leupold on mine and kinda wished I would have stuff with a 3.5x10 to be honest. 10X is plenty of magnification for me, but the 4.5x14 is clear and I don't have to use everything the scope has, so I will be content for awhile! Scotty

I own 5 nikon scopes (3 prostaff and 2 buckmasters) and have no complaints about any of them. They are decent scope for my budget. If you dont want to take that deal on the monarch I will gladly... :grin: I have also heard good things about the vortex line also so i dont think you will be disappointed either way.

I have a Nikon Monarch UCC 5.5-16.5x44mm on my 700 VLS 22-250 and it is a decent scope. I also have a Monarch 2.5-8x28 EER Handgun Scope on my 7x30 Watters T/C Contender. Both scopes have help up for me but I like my Leupolds better. :grin:

JD338

Back