Nikon

Joken

Beginner
Apr 21, 2008
I own a few Leupold scopes and a Kahles. I bought a Nikon 3x9x40 Primos with the TDS reticle from SWFA for $199 bucks. I compared it to my XV-11 3x9x40 and I found the Nikon to be a lot brighter and vividly clear. The Leupold is a few years old so maybe it's not a fair comparison. I hate to buy a scope made in the Phillipines, but for the money WOW. Ken in Corvallis

Hey...If ou're happy with it..........cool! :wink:

POP":35efkkqq said:
Hey...If ou're happy with it..........cool! :wink:

+1
I have several Leupolds (Vari-X III and VX-II), Nikons (Monarch and Buckmaster), and one Bushnell Elite 4200. I'm happy with all of these scopes for there intended applications. :grin:

I have had or used just about every (average) scope brand made. No Schmidt and Benders or Nightforce yet. This is not bragging because I've sold most to buy a different one. I'm "NOT" wealthy just trying to find what I like. Usually the cheapest first and work my way up.
The phrase "you get what you pay for" is highly but not totally accurate.
I still use my old $75 15x45 Japanese Tasco spotting scope because it is better than my $350 Bushnell. I've found that every manufacturer has their shinning stars and duds. I have 2 Nikons, 3 leupolds, 1 Zeiss, 1 Swarovski, 4 Burris, 2 Bushnell 4200 Elites, 2 Bushnell Trophys, and a Tasco pistol scope on my super hot loaded Ruger Super Blackhawk. Each one is probably the third scope I've had on the gun and it's the one I found best suited and reliable. If it works well for the application you are using it for, holds zero and you like it it's the best scope in the world.
Let us know how it works out and when you take game with it please post pictures. We love pictures :grin:
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

I have Nikon scopes on few rifles and like you found the brightness and clarity to be a step up when viewed through my eyes in same conditions. I do however really like my VX-III for toughness and clarity.

I took the VX-11 of my 06' and put the Nikon in it's place. Hate to say it but I like it much better. Born and raised here in Oregon, I have always favored Leupold scopes. I love my VX-111 Boone and Crocket. For the money the Nikon Is a smokin deal. Ken

I just outfitted my BLR 358 with a Monarch 3x9. Very nice.

About 15 years ago, my Dad was comparing a Leupold to a Nikon. The gunshop owner told my dad that the Leupold glass was ground at the same place as Nikon....not sure if that's true or not but I do remember him saying that.

Thats what I have heard as well alot of these companies outsource to the same corporations and then stick them in their product or put there name on it. IOR is a good scope the glass is made in Germany and scope is assembled in Romania!

Back