No stopping this fella

elkeater2

Handloader
Jan 5, 2009
My son, I mean. I've told his story before, and he continues to hunt with a passion. This is one of his best, harvested this afternoon with his 6.5-284. About 3 hours after I had to leave camp for home, which seems a little suspicious to me.....EE2

Attachments

• IMG-2562.jpg
    IMG-2562.jpg
    562.8 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG-1058.jpg
    IMG-1058.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 307
This is the one I found the day before Thanksgiving and he sent me home with. I started these two men out around 30 years ago. They invited me for a Thanksgiving week nostalgia hunt - it was a grand time we had!

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 299
A couple of real trophies. And the deer aren't bad, either. Congratulations all the way around. The lads have done very well.

What an impressive and cool looking buck! Congrats to your son and all involved! The best definition of a friens is some one who gives of his/her time and talent to help some one else be successful. As you already know.... all involved here are blessed and are a blessing to others by example.

On another front- How's the Trak Chair working out? An update like Guys Jeep hunting vehicle would be fun. Thanks. CL

Thanks, CL. Think I will put up a review, but it will take me a while to gather pictures and write. For now, his Action Trackchair has been a true gamechanger. We managed in the past with a couple devices, but they were inadequate in terms of traction, comfort, durability, etc. This thing just goes. Quietly. It has pretty low clearance under the frame and battery box, so obstacle things can't be straddled - rocks and such he must put one track or the other on them. Mud, snow, rocky or mushy ground, small streams and willow patches have all been negotiated successfully. I'll work on that writeup.

Congratulations to you and your son. You fellas did great!

JD338

Thanks all. It's been a few years since the three of us got together for a hunt. Really memorable for ol' Dad.

Got a friend that fell out of stand 30 years ago and is in chair , I wish I had the coin for one of those, hell I'd buy it for him.

Good job

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

seokladuckin":1ftswpf6 said:
Got a friend that fell out of stand 30 years ago and is in chair , I wish I had the coin for one of those, hell I'd buy it for him.

Good job

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Yep, they aren't cheap. Accident in 2005. We tried a couple devices, always challenged and difficult where we wanted to go. The old man (me) is getting older, and helping through mud and snow is getting tougher. Younger and stronger friends not always around. Considering what we all pay for trucks, SUV's, boats, RV's, snowmobiles, etc. it is not hard to justify this purchase! People talk about the "quality of life" often, but the "quality of hunting life" is a step beyond. This thing enhances that in spades.
You sound like a friend to have.

Back