noob here, ever hear of a 325 WSM ?

peabody

Beginner
Dec 4, 2009
... :grin:

i sure havent, till yesterday.

we was out pickin corn, and im out on combine with my AR strapped to the consoul, just in case i see a nice fat doe....

my uncle is, in grain truck, and aunt comes driving down in the jeep,

im thinking [lunch]

wrong.... she pulls out a long box, tells uncle , your new rifle is here.

now keep in mind, all he has ever hunted with in last 60 years is, an old 03' springfield, and old marlin .444

inside box is a brand new browning BLR take down, in 325WSM,

he never said a word, that he'd ordered it.. blew us away.

why ? he say...wanted something for my elk hunt b4 i kick off...

i've never heard of a 325WSM, looks like a cannon, super nice rifle,........ I LIKE !!

i hopes to gets to shoot it tommorow. :grin:

whats you guys thinks of the 325WSM ? for deer and elk ?

peabody

peabody,

Most folks that use an 8mm on game report they are happy users. I haven't had a chance to try the WSM version, but reports I have read are what you would expect...jim

The 325 WSM is a thumper for deer and elk. Congratulations to your uncle.

JD338

Peabody
I load for a friend who got a .325 WSM about 3 or 4 years ago. He uses it to hunt deer, antelope, elk, and black bears with, and he loves it. He's taken several elk with the rifle using both the Nosler Partitions and Accubonds. It really is a good shooting rifle and the recoil is not bad at all. I found it was an easy rifle to load for, and I didn't spend a great deal of time before I found a really good load with each bullet, and what was great about it, was that they were right of horizontally with both loads, and the only difference was the Accubonds shot about 1-1.5 inches higher at 100 yards.
If you want Peabody, I could give you the information on the loads I worked up for him, but of course you would have to start slowly and work up cautiously as each rifle is different. I hope he enjoys it. He won't be disappointed.

Welcome to the forum Peabody. Yes the 325 will do everything in North America and do it nicely. 200 grain bullets at 2900 fps + is not bad.

6mm Remington":3eh79kfu said:
Peabody
I load for a friend who got a .325 WSM about 3 or 4 years ago. He uses it to hunt deer, antelope, elk, and black bears with, and he loves it. He's taken several elk with the rifle using both the Nosler Partitions and Accubonds. It really is a good shooting rifle and the recoil is not bad at all. I found it was an easy rifle to load for, and I didn't spend a great deal of time before I found a really good load with each bullet, and what was great about it, was that they were right of horizontally with both loads, and the only difference was the Accubonds shot about 1-1.5 inches higher at 100 yards.
If you want Peabody, I could give you the information on the loads I worked up for him, but of course you would have to start slowly and work up cautiously as each rifle is different. I hope he enjoys it. He won't be disappointed.

thanks guys..

im sure he'll love it, we have peoples in montana, we want to go out there,
no die's for the 325WSM yet, but did get two boxes of winchester 220, power points.
i hopes ? to gets to shoot it tommoro,
:grin:
im , probly just take my old, remmy 7400. 30-06.
i cain't afford a new one just yet, goota buy boots, ha.
peabody

Back