Norinco handguns

jtoews80

Handloader
May 19, 2007
OK, have you guys heard of or used these things. There has been issues getting stuff up here for awhile, but these are cheap and availible in Canada. While North American made stuff is pricey and often a long wait to order in.

The 1911 .45 ACP clone they make sells for $250 used to $450 new. They are a little bit clattery to shoot, but don't really perform any different than a Tauras or other midline guns. The grips are terrible, but that is about a $45 fix. They also make a variety of clones and most of these in 9mm, 40 S&W or 45 ACP.

I know they are made in China and that I would prefer a Ruger SBH, Colt(GI model if possible) or Para, but I can't afford to spend alot of money on Handguns and am just applying for a RPAL. It will be a bit before I get the permit, but I am looking forward to getting it. Need to figure out what I want to get. I can afford a few cheap ones or 1 good one if I misuse the income tax return :lol:

JT

I have a few 1911's, a norinco, colt, & para ordnance to be exact.
The norinco shots as any 1911 i have ever shot & better than my colt.
maybe i have one of the good ones I'm not sure.
I would by another one if the oppertunity came up, especially for under $300 & take my chances.

Well, I ended up buying a Norinco 1911A1-C Commander and trading for a second one. The first was the stubby beavertail model in parkerized finish and it shot very well. The second one is the high gloss full beavertail model. They both shot very well. I ended up keeping the full beavertail model and selling the Parkerized one because I figued that the half tail might bite somebody and I needed the money.

The full tail is made out of some light metal and has a light spring, so it jingles when the gun is holstered. Nothing really important since I can only pack it in the holster at the range, but I want to trade the beavertail out for a better one to stop that.

Both of them function(ed) very well for the money spent. I had it at the range and ran 200 rnds of American Seagull 230 grn FMJ and 100 rnds of 200 grn cast thro it without any jamming or issues.

This is the Parkerized one, and I can't find any pics of the one I kept.

AJpics001-1.jpg

JT.

I don't know much about what Norinco makes now, but I had a Type 56-1 that grouped extremely well with old Chinese copper washed ammo. I was very impressed with the quality of that rifle.

Back