Norma Brass

mmatthews

Beginner
Oct 2, 2007
Can anyone give me some insite into Norma brass? I have been waiting...patiently fro Nosler to offer 300 WSM brass and have given up on waiting. Does any one have good or bad experiences with Norma brass? I have been loading Winchester and I am looking for better consistency and strength. Thanks all.
Mike

I have used Norma brass for my .300 WSM, 7 mm RM and .280 Rem for several years. I find the brass to be consistent in every respect, preferentially using it for all hunting rounds in these calibers.

I've used a lot of weatherby brass that has been made for them by norma. It's pretty good stuff, weight variance isn't terrible aboput +/- 0.5 grns on 30-378 cases and those are big cases. plus all I have is a Full Length die set and I don't have to trim every time with that seriously overbore round. I still do weigh and match up my cases into 0.1 grn lots if I have enough cases to do so, but that is only if I am loading more than 50 rnds.

Thanks for the solid input as usual in the Nosler forum. I cant figure out why Nosler doesnt offer the 300WSM brass. I know they make it because it is offered with first Nosler custom rifle? Thanks again
Mike

Along with Lapua it is one of the best out there.

Now between Norma and Lapua who do you favor and why? Thanks Pops always appreciate your input.
Mike

Either is great brass. While I was stationed in Germany it was easier to get either than US made brass. Lately I have heard that Lapua is much stronger than Norma, however I can not verify this.

Thanks. As amoderator for Nosler why cant we get an answer about 300WSM brass? They make it?

I assist with the moderation of this site. I have no insight of what their future production will consist of but I will ask. Thanx

Back