Nosler 28

dezmick

Beginner
Mar 5, 2011
I finally got some glass on my Model 48 Nosler 28, it took me a while but i ended up deciding on the Vortex Viper HS-LR 4-16x50, it is a very nice scope, and for the money i do not think i could have done any better

Very nice! What height are the Talley's your using for the 50mm objective?

Very nice looking rig. 4-16x should cover any distance you want.

JD338

That is a very nice set up and I have heard lots of good things about those Vortex scopes they are really becoming popular around these parts (y).
Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Dan

Very nice hunting rig there. The ballistics on that 28 Nosler are impressive. Let us know how it shoots. Enjoy.

hodgeman":1q32lvaf said:
I used Med mounts, i think it came out perfect for me, once i get it broke in and sighted in i am going to get a custom turret form Kenton Industries so i can dial and pull the trigger. I should be able to take out game from quite a distance with this setup.

dezmick":csi64m0j said:
hodgeman":csi64m0j said:
I used Med mounts, i think it came out perfect for me, once i get it broke in and sighted in i am going to get a custom turret form Kenton Industries so i can dial and pull the trigger. I should be able to take out game from quite a distance with this setup.

You're probably aware, but Vortex will cut turrets also. My son got one for his .300 Wby, cut for the load, bullet, G7, all that stuff. It is spot on to 500, haven't tested it farther.
EE2

The 28 is definitely very interesting. What do you plan on loading? I'd look at the 175 grn ABLR, 175 Hornady EDL-X, or maybe the 180 grn Berger VLD.

My wimpy little 280 Ack is going with the 168 grain bullets. :mrgreen:

Back