nosler 2nds brass

RogueRiver

Handloader
Mar 13, 2005
I have used nosler 2nd bullets, but never their 2nds brass. Just wondering if its good, thought I would ask because I'm sure some of you have.

I just bought a box of 50 35 Whelen brass factory Blems and plan on using it the same as I would the factory first graded brass. the seconds are only minor cosmetic blemishes.

ok- Just ordered 2 pack or 100 of the 35 whelen brass. I wanted something different from the remington brass I have so I know it is new.

Have used some .25-06 Nosler "seconds" brass and am thoroughly impressed. All I did was neck-size the stuff for prep, and I was seeing excellent accuracy!

i use it all the time, love the stuff, no need to turn necks, or pre trim flash holes they are always clean and uniform seems to be weight sorted.

only issue ( if you want to call it that) I have ever had was with some .264 win brass that was stamped Norma I believe about 6 of the fifty in the box where norma the rest nosler. great stuff.

Where do you find the seconds on brass and bullets? I want some 280 AI brass

I've purchased some different calibers and had only one bag that needed work.
Two bags of 243 Win needed the mouths cleaned up. I took down to 2.035" and started over. No problems. I like the brass. Usually use WW but have switched to Nosler on .223 Rem, .243 Win, 270WSM and 300WSM.

Nor have I, Bill, that is one reason that I use Nosler and Norma products. I use Nosler (Norma) brass now in all of my reload calibers.

Oldtrader3":1tb47vtl said:
Nor have I, Bill, that is one reason that I use Nosler and Norma products. I use Nosler (Norma) brass now in all of my reload calibers.
Me too Charlie.
It really is worth the price you pay.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The only problem I've had is prompt shipping. I ordered some Whelen brass on 11/29/14 and I just got a Fedex notice that it was ready for pick up to ship on 12/3/14. It took 4 days for SPS to notify Fedex it was ready, Oh and it won't arrive till 12/10/14 that's a total of 11 days after ordering on line. It didn't take that long for the stock I bought from Eric to get here by UPS ground. Glad I didn't need the brass for a hunting trip.
Sorry for the rant I know it's that time of the year and things take longer to ship and as soon as SPS list seconds that are rare they get mobbed with orders.

I have found that I do not get fast service on brass from several vendors. I always order ahead of what I need.

I've got the 2nd brass in several different calibers/cases. Now and then a mouth will be a tiny bit flattened, but that's the only problem I've identified. The blemishes I've been able to spot are cosmetic only.

Back