Nosler 48 - Vanguard?

russ808":1ikx73vf said:
I had two vanguards in 300wsm and 30-06 and a nosler 48 sporter. All three shot very well. The two vanguards went to new homes even after going to Africa and Australia and I kept the 48. And I will keep the 48. Its just feels and shoots a little better. And thats good enough for me.
Russ

Good enough reason for anyone, Russ. The Vanguards are nice, but I suspect that the extra attention Nosler gives their Model 48s justify such a decision.

I guess I shouldn't put my .02 in this but what the hecht why not?
What every body has missed is #1 the Nosler 48 is billed as a factory custom. The Weatherby Vangard is billed as an entry level Factory rifle. That is not comparing apples to apples and the pricing proves it. You get what you pay for.
I won a Weatherby Vangard S1 in a raffle cost to me was $10.00 for 15 tickets which left me a lot of room to play with it. Which is just what I did granted the S1 isn't what the S2 is either but still the same basic rifle which is entry level. Would I have bought the Vangard if I wanted another rifle, for the money yes.
I can't afford a M48 or a Mark V so both are out of my picture. Do I want one, yea maybe but then I'm the type of guy who likes to tinker and there's no room to do that with a 48 or Mark V since they are already perfect. :wink:

I have owned four Vanguards and none of them are as accurate a shooter as my M48 and I am a very good reloader, shooter and load developer and I am here to tell you the M48 cost more and it should, it is a better rifle.

Yes, I figured you would be the first to catch it and for those who don't know what it says Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι. Means: "Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." The 300 Spartans at Thermopylae

Back