Nosler BT muzzleloader bullets

I bought a bunch of these from SPS when they were on sale a few weeks back as I was somewhat disappointed with the performance of the TC 250gr SuperGlide bonded bullet this year and decided I might want to investigate another options. I don't like hunters complaining of bullet performance vis-a-vis a dead animal, but it's the possible next animal that got me thinking.

With the TC at 70 yards I shot a doe, and the bullet went through (both lungs and) the spine and stopped at the offside hide. The front 15-20% of the bullet came off, but the entire cylindrical portion of the bullet is undisturbed. I could reload it in a new sabot and shoot it again. It almost seems "too tough" for deer, and I would have thought that the bone in the spine would have disrupted the bullet.

Next year I may try the un-bonded TC instead, and am waiting to see if we get any reports regarding the Nosler.

Yeah I picked some up myself. Looking to get out shooting in the next few weeks I hope. Im sure they will shoot well, my guess is they will be awesome on deer!

I'd like to see one ran into the jugs. Might give is a decent idea of performance.

Back