Nosler...how about a .22LR?

A

Anonymous

I've been hunting with my M48 for a good while now and it's as close to my perfect idea of a hunting rifle I've found to date.

How about turning your attention to a good grade .22LR bolt action?

The world just begs for a good grade hunting 22LR bolt gun...not some economy minded thing with a two piece trigger or something made mostly from aluminum, not some tack driver that weighs 12lbs, nor some jewel piece with an exquisite walnut stock.

Something like a Sporter Custom in .22LR or better yet .22WMR....might be a limited market but you'd sell me one.

hodgeman":491z0wxm said:
I've been hunting with my M48 for a good while now and it's as close to my perfect idea of a hunting rifle I've found to date.

How about turning your attention to a good grade .22LR bolt action?

The world just begs for a good grade hunting 22LR bolt gun...not some economy minded thing with a two piece trigger or something made mostly from aluminum, not some tack driver that weighs 12lbs, nor some jewel piece with an exquisite walnut stock.

Something like a Sporter Custom in .22LR or better yet .22WMR....might be a limited market but you'd sell me one.

Same here, I would take a 22WMR!

Upon more reflection I might even take a Hornet in a properly scaled action....but that wouldn't help folks in locales where small game is rimfire only.

Nah- .22 WMR...definately.

My Savage Model 93 has a couple quirks about not indenting the firing pin into the rim when the bolt handle is not all the way down the last nano-inch. But when I do my part, it is accurate to <MOA 5-shot groups at 100 yards with a Leupold 2-7x28 RF-II scope on it and certain select loads, mostly Winchester High velocity Supreme stuff 33 to 40 grains. For $260. I guess that I can not complain about the accuracy. I have killed probably 3 dozen small rodents (mostly norway rats) with it, every one a brain shot instant kill with 33 gr bullets over the past couple years shot off hand at about 15-25 yards. Not to shabby performance and I am starting to trust the little rifle with more experience.

Back