7mm Mag
30/06
300 Win Mag

Chamfured neck (Inside and Out)
Expander ball run thru to true the neck
Deburred the flash hole
Weigh sorted (+/- .5 of a grain)
[/img]

What is the 'nominal' weight (in grains) of a Nosler 30-06 brass case?

Lee carkenord (fjlee)

The headstamp is Nosler and it will be available through all chains of distribution and also available from Nosler.com

Overall weights will be available shortly.

Be sure to let us know if and when you decide to offer brass in 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser and .270 Winchester Short Magnum. While Winchester's Short Magnum brass has been okay, their 6.5x55 has been very underwhelming. At least 10% defective cases in each batch I have purchased so far. :( Just ordered some Remington from Midway, hope it will be better quality. Otherwise, I guess I will just have to step to Lapua or Norma to get some decent brass.

Great call Nosler. If you engineer your brass with the same precison and excercise the same level of quality control that you do with your bullets, shooters everywhere will rejoice.

I hope I'm not pushing too much in asking, but is your strategy to start with the most popular chamberings then expand based on the their success. Understand if you don't want to show your hand.

Paul

Paul-

We have a bit planned for the next 5 years. Of course, if demand asks us for 300 WSM brass, well I guess we may have to introduce 300 WSM. This forum is a great place for people to tell us what is needed in our line.

Nosler,
Is the brass going to have the primer pockets uniformed and are the flash holes drilled and are the case heads machined? I don't know about most guys but I would pay whatever you wanted(if reasonable :wink: ) for brass with the all these things done to them that are made in the USA. I can hardly wait to get my hands on some 22-250 brass from a quality manufacturer.
Happy Hunting,
slygunner

Nosler, please put me down for 260 Rem. 338 Win mag, 9.3x62 and all the WSM's.

thanks

Please make some .270 WSM brass!! This has been the most popular selling WSM caliber and one I intend to keep formany years. The Winchester brass is junk and Norma is scarce and expensive. I believe there would be a good market for WSM brass.

NOSLER":1wuuprgl said:
Nosler Custom Brass

In stores Dec 2004

22-250
243 Win
270 Win
7mm Mag
30/06
300 Win Mag

Chamfured neck (Inside and Out)
Expander ball run thru to true the neck
Deburred the flash hole
Weigh sorted (+/- .5 of a grain)
[/img]

Nosler Team,

I would like to see 280 Rem and 338 RUM brass added to your list.

Thank you.

JD338

I'd like to see:
6mm Rem.
.338 Win Mag
8mm Rem. Mag (for all those wildcatters that have had to put up with the crappy Rem. brass. It can be necked up or down just like before the 7 STW was legitimized)
.375 H&H
.375 RUM
The WSM lineup (.270 and .300 prefered)

Thanks
Nathan

This is really a great move by Nosler and I look forward to trying some of this new brass if its priced reasonable (not like Norma brass).

Currently there is a need for quality 300WSM and 338Win Mag brass. Both of these are very popular handloaded cartridges but lack any really good brass manufactors. We all know its a flip of the coin when ordering brass from the large American brass makers, break out the neck varience gauge and hope for the best.

MtnHtr

Nosler,

I hope that you are trying to match the quality of Lapua brass. If you
do, then I will buy from you. I like to support local companies. I have
been one of your customers since 1960. Almost half a century.

I would vote for 6mmbr Norma (not Remington), 6.5x284, and some
basic cases such as unnecked brass for .223, 30-06, and magnum class
cases. Crazy idea right? I know sales volume will dictate your choices
since you are a for-profit company so I will understand if you ignore me
entirely.

Old Elk Hunter

Add me to the wish for 6.5X55, with the .479" head diameter that Lapua uses.

I guess I just killed that deal - here's what I want, and, oh, by the way, please introduce a new head size...

Jaywalker

Back