Nosler M48 Info

MikeG77

Beginner
Feb 9, 2023
Does anyone have the barrel specs for a M48? What's the thread size and barrel diameter on the chamber end?
Thanks

I have the Independence in 6mm Creed. I ultimately put one of Cortina's Tuner Brakes on it.
Does Erik’s brake make a real difference? He’s quite the sales pitchman , but in your experience how much improvement can one see with his brake.

Does Erik’s brake make a real difference? He’s quite the sales pitchman , but in your experience how much improvement can one see with his brake.
Erik's brake is a good one.
It is not as good as Holland's Radial Baffle brake.
The reason I went with Erik's Tuner brake is that I wanted a Self-Timing brake (Darrell does not make one) and I wanted a tuner, since I will be using factory ammo with this one a lot. I get the whole shebang with Cortina's set-up. That is the main reason.
There are other reasons...I want to support Erik. I know him and I like him. He is a good salesman.
I met him when the US was hosting "World's." It was the first time I ever competed with a rifle and it was first time I ever shot F-Class (1000 yards) both Open and TR (Nationals and Worlds were held back to back outside of Raton, NM).
We (SEB Rests) support Team USA as well as many other shooting disciplines.

There are a lot of good brakes out there.
There are also some great brakes out there as well.
The brakes that are great, have some amount of angle backwards.
Some of the great brakes will give you a lot of concussion when shooting short barrels-Holland's does not.
For your common short action cartridges in a rifle, good solid bottom brakes are enough most of the time.
When you are shooting a center-grip specialty pistol, I want the best, so as I can spot my own shots-sometimes that is not possible because of the weight of my XP, the chambering, and bullet combination.
With the big boy cartridges in specialty pistols, I still want the best, since I am using a rifle scope
It is easier to spot your own shots with a rear-grip versus a center-grip, and it is much easier yet to do that with a rifle.

Does anyone have the barrel specs for a M48? What's the thread size and barrel diameter on the chamber end?
Thanks
You getting one?

Ernie

Thinking very hard about getting a M48 NCH. Would like to sell my XP100 first.

Mike

You getting one?

Ernie

Thinking very hard about getting a M48 NCH. Would like to sell my XP100 first.

Mike
Mike,
Depending on what you have and what you want I have a church member who is just starting to look for one.

It's just a garden variety XP100 in 7BR. Overall it's in excellent shape. It is missing the safety. I could probably make you a deal.

I knew I had seen a thread on it. How do you like it compared with your XP100s? Where did you get your grip?

Mike

I like the Ergonomics of the XP better with McMillan or H-S stocks, but for the price, the Nosler is a great buy for what you get.
It is heavy though...That is not automatically a bad thing though.
To customize a XP would cost a lot more

Back