Nosler promotional poster.

cloverleaf

Handloader
Sep 10, 2006
Was cleaning out some old stuff this weekend and found this. Sorry the photo quality isnt better. Debating whether to keep this or pass it along....I havent seen this many Nosler bullets in years...(yes thats a jab). Afraid some day we will have to say, "yes- years ago we had all these options" any way- hope you enjoy. CL

Attachments

• Nosler P 1.jpg
    Nosler P 1.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 36
  • Nosler P 2.jpg
    Nosler P 2.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 33
I have a Barnes, Sierra and Hornady bulket poster, but would be nice to have a Nosler, Speer and other bullet mfgs poster also. I'd be willing to take it off your hands if willing to part with it?

yes, those were the days! At 68 I hope to get through my hunting life using only Nosler bullets. In an effort to ensure my supplies last I have resorted to using other manufactures bullets for killing paper, AR500 plates and distant rocks across the canyon. This paucity of Nosler bullets is starting to bug me. I’m getting a little thin in the .257 offerings and .375.
The only caliber range I’m out of Nosler is 6.5. I’m on my third Man Bun gun and I’m still trying to figure out what all the hype is about. Actually the first one was good, sub MOA accurate and inexpensive but my Grandson won’t return it. Said he’s saving me the trouble of listing it in my will. Always appreciated that kid. The other two were the biggest wast of money. No Nosler bullets for those junkers. I digress.
I do hope that Nosler gets it figured out, any forum I’ve visited, folks are belly aching about a shortage of Nosler bullets.

yes, those were the days! At 68 I hope to get through my hunting life using only Nosler bullets. In an effort to ensure my supplies last I have resorted to using other manufactures bullets for killing paper, AR500 plates and distant rocks across the canyon. This paucity of Nosler bullets is starting to bug me. I’m getting a little thin in the .257 offerings and .375.
The only caliber range I’m out of Nosler is 6.5. I’m on my third Man Bun gun and I’m still trying to figure out what all the hype is about. Actually the first one was good, sub MOA accurate and inexpensive but my Grandson won’t return it. Said he’s saving me the trouble of listing it in my will. Always appreciated that kid. The other two were the biggest wast of money. No Nosler bullets for those junkers. I digress.
I do hope that Nosler gets it figured out, any forum I’ve visited, folks are belly aching about a shortage of Nosler bullets.
Agree. Dan.

I've got that same Nosler poster.
My Nosler inventory is still pretty decent but going down. I'm a late bloomer for the 375 so I don't have much in Nosler bullets. It's forced me to go to Barnes, Hornady and Speer.

JD338

What 26cals are you needing or looking for?

At the moment I’m not needing any. I gave the Christiansen MPR away, so to speak, on gun broker as it was a solid 1.5 inch performer. MY latest effort was with a highly recommended Bergara 2.0. It too performed about as well as my light #1s before I started working on them. Went through 150 rounds of carefully crafted ammunition, ladder tests, three different scopes to get inconsistent 1.5 groups. It has been sent back to the factory.

CL, always cool to have a piece of memorabilia like that on the wall...👍

Salmonchaser, nice to see a young fellow with a sense of humour to go along with common sense! A rare combination today!
Have to say that i have always been a fan of the 6.5s, starting out with the ol' Swede back in the mid 90s...and I had one of the first Hawkeyes in 6.5CM when first introduced. It shot well, and DrMike has it now, as I obtained a LH Browning X Bolt All Weather and had it rebarreled to 6.5 CM when Browning decided not to produce the LH version a year after announcing it. Love the stock and its configuration; very comfortable to carry and shoot. I have always had good luck with Browning rifles...not sure why I don't own more...and will be taking in the LH X Bolt Hunter I picked up in 270 WSM to convert to the 6.5 PRC shortly. Already have the 24" Wilson carbon fibre barrel paid for to be installed.
This 6.5CM rifle shoots very well with its 24" Benchmark SS 5R barrel. I am getting .5MOA and better with it, with Nosler, Hornady, and Federal factory ammo, and it worked very in New Zealand this spring with the Federal Terminal Ascent ammo on the red stag, fallow buck and Arapawa rams. And I have a good supply of 130gr ABs to work up a load with too with Re-17 and 26, and Staball 6.5.
My wife enjoyed shooting the 6.5 CM so much, she has bought one in the LH Hunter version for herself for our trip to Africa next May. Hopefully it shoots as well with the Federal 130gr Terminal Ascent ammunition (she calls them "those sexy bullets"), which I just picked up 6 boxes of ammo for her...and I am happy that she will not feel the need to claim my rifle as her own! :LOL:

Hopefully Bergara will get your rifle figured out for you...
I know that I am impressed with the LH B-14 22LR Carbon Trainer I have, and Guy's son is having great results with his Bergara rifle.

I’ve always thought the 264wm was near the top of under rated and under appreciated cartridges. Dad got one in 1959 when we were stationed at Ft. Wainwright. Shot a lot of sheep with the rig. He often told the story of starting a fight with a big griz using that rifle. Didn’t think it enough gun for griz and passed on several after that encounter while sheep or caribou hunting.
Because of its reputation as a barrel burner dad specifically articulated in his will I was not to get that rifle. Said if I got it the barrel would be shot out in a year.

I’ve always thought the 264wm was near the top of under rated and under appreciated cartridges. Dad got one in 1959 when we were stationed at Ft. Wainwright. Shot a lot of sheep with the rig. He often told the story of starting a fight with a big griz using that rifle. Didn’t think it enough gun for griz and passed on several after that encounter while sheep or caribou hunting.
Because of its reputation as a barrel burner dad specifically articulated in his will I was not to get that rifle. Said if I got it the barrel would be shot out in a year.
I have over 2,500 rounds thru my dad's '61 264wm and it still shots pretty good.

Wifes cousin has hunted with his Win. 264 for all of the thirty plus years I've known him. Dont know how much it actually gets shot, but D@mn accurate. 'course you dont have to shoot much if its a "bang flop" proposition like him. We do smile at the "Marketing Genius" and all the hype behind the 6.5 Creed. Me and my 250 Savage, and him with his 264, and very similar results. :) CL

I like both of those, thanks for the pics.

Sierra gives out mats for reloading with all their bullets on them - um, they do if you go to their plant and buy bulk seconds, anyway.

I passed on a .264 WM about 10 years ago, and I still regret it. I always thought that would make a killer (pun intended) elk round; better than my decidedly short (yet legal) 6.5x55.

I like both of those, thanks for the pics.

Sierra gives out mats for reloading with all their bullets on them - um, they do if you go to their plant and buy bulk seconds, anyway.

I passed on a .264 WM about 10 years ago, and I still regret it. I always thought that would make a killer (pun intended) elk round; better than my decidedly short (yet legal) 6.5x55.
It would be a tough decision on what mfgr to buy from these days as not having access the pre'64 days of glory! Winchester wouldn't rebarrel/replace the '61 my dad bought then as it still shoots under their guidlines to replace it (1.25"moa). I wanted to keep it original and not go outside Winchester for another. I believe it was the only Winchester rifle he's ever bought?

It would be a tough decision on what mfgr to buy from these days as not having access the pre'64 days of glory! Winchester wouldn't rebarrel/replace the '61 my dad bought then as it still shoots under their guidlines to replace it (1.25"moa). I wanted to keep it original and not go outside Winchester for another. I believe it was the only Winchester rifle he's ever bought?
That's why I haunt the used sections at gun stores. I find a lot of older rifles that people (I think) fail to appreciate, and if I'm going to get something like a 264WM, I'm fairly certain that's how it's going to happen.

Saw an older Sako full stock in 264win mag today that looked great. Can't imagine what the muzzle blast would be like out of a 20 in barrel. Pretty gun though. Dan.
Depends on the powder, charge and bullet weight, but still would be a "blast" 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳

Back