NOSLER® INTRODUCES BONDED PERFORMANCE™ BULLET LINE

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
ImageDisp.aspx

NOSLER® INTRODUCES BONDED PERFORMANCE™ BULLET LINE

Bend, Ore. – November 21, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. the world’s foremost bonded bullet manufacturer is announcing their new Bonded PERFORMANCE™ .224 caliber, 64 grain Bonded Solid Base® bullet. The 64gr Bonded PERFORMANCE™ bullet is designed to maximize the terminal performance of .22 caliber rifle cartridges. While most .22 caliber bullets are designed to be highly frangible, the Bonded Solid Base® is designed for controlled expansion, high weight retention, and deep penetration. The Bonded Solid Base® makes an excellent medium game hunting bullet for states where .22 caliber rifles are legal for hunting as well as personal defense.

The Bonded Solid Base® bullet features a Protected Point design for reliable feeding in both bolt action and semi-automatic rifles. The tapered jacket ensures controlled expansion while the proprietary bonding process prevents fragmentation and guarantees high weight retention. The AccuBond® bonding process welds the copper jacket to the lead core to virtually eliminate the possibility of core-jacket separation. Solid Base® construction supports the mushroom for wide wound channels and deep, straight-line penetration.

The .224, 64gr. Bonded Solid Base® bullet will be available in component form in 100 count packaging, as well as loaded in Nosler’s own Nosler® DEFENSE™ 223 Remington ammunition.

For a 2013 Nosler® and NoslerCustom® catalog featuring the entire line of AccuBond®, AccuBond®-LR, Ballistic Tip®, Ballistic Tip Lead-Free™, Ballistic Tip® MZ, Bonded Performance™, CT Ballistic Silvertip®, Custom Competition™, E-Tip®, Partition®, Solids™, Sporting Handgun™, Varmageddon™, Nosler® DEFENSE™ Ammunition, Match Grade™ Ammunition, Trophy Grade™ Ammunition, NoslerCustom® Ammunition, Cartridge Brass and NoslerCustom® Rifles contact: Nosler, Inc., P.O. Box 671, Bend, Oregon 97709, 1-800-285-3701, http://www.nosler.com.

Cool.
And we already know how well this bullet works out of a 22-250 at 3372 fps. :)

JD338

Looks like another well thought out bullet, like the Trophy Bonded but probably better.

Now, this bullet excites me like no other I seen to date. I loved the TTBC and used the CT FS for many years (I'm still shooting off my dwindling stash). When this one is available in calibres I use, I will be stocking up.

Very cool! That looks like a bone smasher in a fast 22!

Might need to reinvest in another fast 22!

the LR AB answer is.......................... 3/12

Any mention of what twist will stabilize this? I have a 22-250 that I'd love to use these in for a hunting load, but it's a 1:14 twist....

The cutaway looks almost identical to a Trophy Bonded Bear Claw, doesn't it? It looks awesome, I would love to see them come out with a 6mm and .277 version as well!

It does, first thing that went through my mind.

shoots_5":14ezv9qs said:
Any mention of what twist will stabilize this? I have a 22-250 that I'd love to use these in for a hunting load, but it's a 1:14 twist....

They stabilize just fine with a 1:14 twist.

JD338

Wow - cool.

Have long been a fan of the old line of "Solid Base" bullet - and this thing does look good. JD338 schooled me on it shooting well from conventional twist barrels!

I could see cartridges with that bullet, stuffed into AR-15 magazines! Oh yeah... Expansion & Penetration and likely very good accuracy too.

Wouldn't mind seeing that same concept blown up to .25 cal, .30 cal, etc... Much like the Trophy Bonded for sure.

Guy

RR - with the protected point and the cannelure - I'll bet that the AR-15 is the intended target. So to speak.

JD338":3gl6f384 said:
shoots_5":3gl6f384 said:

JD338

Well that is very good news! :mrgreen: That would be an awesome little deer or antelope round from the 22-250! Heck that might be just the reason I need to go ahead and AI my chamber and push them a bit harder....

Guy Miner":oye3zdzd said:
RR - with the protected point and the cannelure - I'll bet that the AR-15 is the intended target. So to speak.
thanks guy, was thinkin of my rem 7615 but also have a 9 twist AR , might try one on a black bear see how they do.
RR

This is just an announcement of a little known existing product, right?

BK":1j6dsgi1 said:
This is just an announcement of a little known existing product, right?

Negative. It was scarcely available in the past but never mass produced, at least not for the public. Now it is.

shoots_5":2kgxr2uf said:
JD338":2kgxr2uf said:
shoots_5":2kgxr2uf said:

JD338

Well that is very good news! :mrgreen: That would be an awesome little deer or antelope round from the 22-250! Heck that might be just the reason I need to go ahead and AI my chamber and push them a bit harder....

I tested some of these earlier this year out of my M700 VLS 22-250 with a 1:14 twist. Accuracy was under MOA, penetration was 5 water jugs at 30 yds and pretty effective on a coyote.
IMG_06691.jpg

IMG_07951.jpg

JD338

Back