Not a bad start

OU812

Handloader
Apr 18, 2006
Finally got everything together last night so I headed to the range this morning with the 264. I really like the Meopta 4.5-14x44 Target scope. The 66.5 load started off with 2 damn near touching and for the 3rd shot I had heat waves rising from the barrel. I should have pulled the round and waited but I didn't so the 3rd shot could have been me rushing the shot or a flyer. I'm going to reshoot that one. 64.5 was slightly under MOA and the 66.0 is just slightly over MOA, I'll revisit them as well with either a small powder change or seat the bullet out a little. I didn't get ant speed yet but will soon.

264win 007.jpg

264win 008.jpg

264win 009.jpg

There is certainly enough there that it would drive me to reexamine the loads. Very encouraging, Bill.

I'm pleased with the results so far. Got 3 nodes to work with so I figure one or more will come around a little tighter. I am pleased to see the 2 triangle groups,I have more faith in a triangle group coming tightly together as that usually means your real close to the accuracy node. 2 in 1 flyer has several reasons why that can happen.

Looks good Bill for your first outing. I suspect you will have your final load in short order.

JD338

JD338":1u010wqq said:
Looks good Bill for your first outing. I suspect you will have your final load in short order.

JD338

I think it will come together fairly quickly. Next is a speed check.

It will be neat to see how fast those are going. I do believe you are right and it will come together pretty quick for you.

Very nice Bill. Seems like that rifle will be a great shooter. Right outta the gate I'd be very happy with that.

The .264 size pills seem to shoot, and kill, way out of proportion to their dimeunative size.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back