Oh Boy.

ShadeTree,

In my view there are two issues:
- Whether to buy it or not.
- Whether to use it or not.

If you want it and if you can afford it - meaning pay your mortgage, pay your other bills, take your wife to dinner once a week, and buy clothes for the kids then why not? Life is short you don't know how long you will still able to enjoy shooting and hunting. If you get hard up for money you can always sell it. But, you will have enjoyed it while you had it.

When you are laying on your death bed do you think you would say, "Cheez, I wish I never shot that rifle." I know that I wouldn't. I use my expensive Krieghoff set and don't think a thing about it. Now, I don't abuse it but I do use it.

Just call me "enabler Dan" :grin:

JD338":37hmtcay said:
Dude, you NEED this rifle!
- it's mint condition
- it's rare to find in such excellent condition
- it's a Winchester 71 348 Winchester
- it's got lots of cool factor
- it's an investment

JD338

Jim nailed it. I have the Browning repro and LOVE IT! I'd love to have an original Winchester some day and that one is CRISP as E said.

Fine looking rifle. It would make a man (or a woman) proud to use it.

Well I didn't even make it. The auction was on a weekday morning and of course my morning started out first thing with other business related responsibilities that needed taken care of. But I don't look back on things I can't control. Some doors open, some doors close, on to the next opportunity.

Back