Olathe Kansas

velvetant

Handloader
Apr 16, 2007
Thinking of moving, got family there.
I know of a couple indoor shooting ranges but anyone know of some outdoor ranges out 300-600 yards?

velvetant":3bxcyah9 said:
Thinking of moving, got family there.
I know of a couple indoor shooting ranges but anyone know of some outdoor ranges out 300-600 yards?

Kansas.. Man, you could probably shoot from one side of the state to the others if you just aim a little higher! HA!

Sorry Randy, don't know much about Kansas, other than big whitetails and whatever else roams that area. Good luck buddy

Elk draw at Fort Riley Military Reservation. Some antleope in the western grasslands. Whitetail deer trophy hunting on private land access hunts.

I grew up there and completed my early college education there. We didn't have any gun ranges at that time, but that has been over forty-five years ago. Surely, there is a range in or around Olathe.

It's official. I'll be there this time next month
Hoping for good weather across the rocky mountains.
Planning on taking I-80 all the way across and drop down at Nebraska on I-29

Congrats buddy.. Big WT's there and you'll be in time for the Fall hunt!

My natal State, Randy. Good people and a fine place to raise children. Congratulations!

I don't live there, and never have...but I spend alot of time in Kansas (much more than I spend at home).

Can't help you on the firing ranges...I can say that the only bad thing about Kansas (IMO) is the tornadoes, but Oklahoma is worse. I see lots of good sized deer in KS too...

Anywhere with that much unpopulated land is A-OK in my opinion.

Driving across I80 shouldn't be a problem this time of the year...even in winter the only place that ever gets really bad very often is Wyoming (especially that stretch on the eastern side where the elevation is nearly 9,000 feet). On I80...you can cross the Rockies and not even realize it...that road follows an easy path for the most part.

Donner pass in CA can be, and often is, a bad place to be in winter...that last 1,000 feet going up, and the first 1,000 feet going down seems to be the worst of it though.

If you are going to make a pit stop in Sidney(Cabelas) let me know. If I'm in the area I'll buy you lunch on your way through! Congrats

Ridgerunner665":2oax5rta said:
I don't live there, and never have...but I spend alot of time in Kansas (much more than I spend at home).

Can't help you on the firing ranges...I can say that the only bad thing about Kansas (IMO) is the tornadoes, but Oklahoma is worse. I see lots of good sized deer in KS too...

Anywhere with that much unpopulated land is A-OK in my opinion.

Driving across I80 shouldn't be a problem this time of the year...even in winter the only place that ever gets really bad very often is Wyoming (especially that stretch on the eastern side where the elevation is nearly 9,000 feet). On I80...you can cross the Rockies and not even realize it...that road follows an easy path for the most part.

Donner pass in CA can be, and often is, a bad place to be in winter...that last 1,000 feet going up, and the first 1,000 feet going down seems to be the worst of it though.
Living in northern Nevada most of my life I know Donner all to well, It's about a hour from my house.
Really pretty area spring-fall as is most of the Tahoe basin.
The area I'm moving to isn't prone to tornadoes, I have family there and the closest one they remember was about 2 hours away.
Shooting areas should not be a problem I hope, have friends here in Nevada that came from KC so they are hooking me up with some of there friends that are hunters/shooters so they can point the way for me.
And then there is Hodgdon powder in the area and my brother is friends with Chris Hodgdon.

.280 Remington":2dx4pzf4 said:
If you are going to make a pit stop in Sidney(Cabelas) let me know. If I'm in the area I'll buy you lunch on your way through! Congrats
I wont have internet on the road so I'll let you know when I leave and get you my cell #

Back