Foundation Issues

3 Meter Para Bellum

Handloader
Apr 17, 2020
Well I moved almost a couple years ago and am finding that the house I moved into has foundation issues. We quite simply don't have the money to pay what professionals are asking to fix it, not to mention they couldn't find the actual problem, we had to find and diagnose they issue ourselves, so our only option at this point is to do the repairs ourself. We are a can do family, we have a structural engineer to consult, and we have a ton of you tube vidoes for the specific processes, but this is a huge undertaking, the biggest we've ever dealt with. Most of my family has been sick with chronic fatigue issues for several years and we are dealing with rotted trusses and places of rotting sub floor, but we have to do what we have to do. Needs must.

Anyway, I know many here are praying folks, and me and mine could use any you have right now. Pray that we can assess the situation, develop the proper solution, and pull off the job. We believe this is where God brought us to, so we are gonna stick to it.

This does sound like a daunting project.

Our local church usually has an annual project to help families with housing issues. Perhaps a church in your area may be able to assist.

Also, in this state and county there are programs to help homeowners with heating, insulation, and other necessary home repairs. Perhaps there are assistance programs in your area that could help.

One boss I had gave me a huge project to work on and when I blinked at it, he told me that "the way to eat an elephant was one bite at a time". Through the years that has proven to be good advice.

Best wishes and prayers for the stamina to stay with it and for a successful conclusion.

Prayers that the Lord sends some one your way who can help you find a workable solution to you problems, quickly! CL

Back