Old Alaskan pictures

The King Air is a wonderful airplane , when I worked for Valhalla Lodge it was owned by Sea Air in Anchorage.
During the winter we flew up on the slope in the Twin Otters n their King Airs both are very good airplanes!
The largest Beachcraft dealer in the world was Combs Beachcraft in Denver at one time , owned by Harry Combs who used to be a regular customer of ours, he took numberous big Moose , Caribou, n Grizzlys with us and was a great fella.

Thankful Otter as far north as I have been is Points North Landing CYNL and that’s a big airport with a nice runway. Good luck with your Helicopter rating. They fly them a lot up around Points North is that what you are wanting to do fly for a Mine or Oil Company ?

35 Whelen you have lived and done some Big Game Hunting I can only wish I had done. I hope to do a Caribou hunt in the next few years where I don’t know yet but I would like to go where you are allowed two or more. I’m 56 and my Best Friend are thinking on our 60th something like that would be a fun trip.

Back