Opportunity

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
Well, I am going to be leaving today right after 9:00am service for 4 or 5 days Elk hunting :wink:. The Bulls started calling last week so it looks like the rut is on (y).
I got out the other day after placing my repaired VX-6 back on my 280AI & it seems to fine. I am also taking my 35 Whelen up as a back up :mrgreen:
Both the 35 & the 280AI are hitting where I am aiming.
Blessings,
Dan

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 819
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 819
We're all pulling for you to connect with game, Dan. A couple of fine cartridges that will perform very well.

Adding my Best Wishes for a Safe and Successful hunt. Waiting for a good story and pics. Rol

Good luck Dan! Both are great cartridges you are taking. Both offspring of the 30-06, what more could one ask for??

Well Sunday evening was a bit of a waste as it rained real hard for a couple of hours. Yesterday was sunny again but very windy we saw over 20 Whitetail but no Elk.
This morning we went for a drive and did see 3 Elk but they were around 600 yards & what made matters worst they were on posted land :(.
Tonight we are going into call again hopefully the wind will die down some & we can get some communication going (y).
Went into town for coffee this morning were able to secure permission to hunt some new territory so tomorrow we are going to set up a new stand for tomorrow evening :mrgreen:.
I could really get used to this kind of life (y).

Blessings,
Dan

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 728
Hey, we're all pulling for you, Dan. Keep your stick on the ice!

Best of luck Dan! I hope that 150 ABLR will get the opportunity to show you what it's got!

V/R,

Joe

Back