Partition Discontinued

Paul Barnard

Beginner
Oct 12, 2004
It looks like more and more partitions are being dropped from the catalogue. I can't imagine that this hasn't been discussed here before, but in a quick search, I couldn't locate any threads. If one exists, please steer me to it. If not, what is the reasoning behind dropping so many of the Partition offerings? I love them in my 257 Roberts and my 223. Both are no longer available. The .44 cal was dropped long ago.

I'd agree w rich, also cost of tooling up or continuing to tool or stock the components in a certain caliber. There's probably an area of diminishing or no returns for them at a given production level.

Wis65x55":3f7sg943 said:
Before we assume that any Partition bullet has been discontinued, we should get the facts verified.
Keith

Hence my raising the topic. I figured if I had it wrong, this would be the place to get get the facts.

The .25 cal, 100, 115 & 120 grain Partitions are still in the catalog, and about 400 of the 115's are on a shelf in my loading area...

The .224 cal, 60 gr Partition is still shown in the on-line catalog...

Link: http://www.nosler.com/partition-bullet/

The .44's were dropped long ago. I suspect that at handgun velocity, the Partitions offered little advantage over other good "cup and core" bullets.

I'm not seeing any wholesale dropping of the Partition line. Worth noting that not all bullets are in production at any given time. So, I highly recommend picking up a LOT of bullets, of the weight, caliber and style that you prefer. I tend to buy in groups of 500 - 2500 when I find a bullet I like.

Regards, Guy

The AccuBond bullets have proven to be very similar in terminal performance to the Partition bullets and have a much better BC. My guess is that a considerable amount of Nosler premium bullet consumption has moved from the Partitions to the AccuBond. I 'd assume that at some point it may not make sense to make both bullets in all calibers and weights.

Try and buy some of the Accubonds? Good luck with that? I have been buying any 110 Partition .257 R bullets that I can find and it has not been many, especially from SPS?

Nosler makes bullets for the big manufactures if they are not loading a bullet we Reloaders are just not important to the production decisions

The only partitions that have been dropped are the handgun partitions.

JD338

I think part of my confusion lies in the fact that Nosler has none in their store and that Midway and a few other retailers had them on clearance a while back. On top of that, many places are out of stock and at least one had them listed as discontinued. Sorry to my friends at Nosler for the mistake.

I could see "niche market" type bullets being dropped or cut down to only two runs a year etc. But like its been said, the Partition as a whole will likely never be dropped. I mean this is a family owned business and like it or not, the Partition is the foundation to the whole business. I for one still use them a lot as do literally thousands of others. I hope I never see the day.

I tell you I would like to see an 80-85 grainer in .257 caliber Partition for use in the Savage and the Roberts. But still tough enough to use on goats in the .25-06.

When I read this thread my heart sorta sunk for a 2nd... Then I thought to myself, ain't no doggone way they stopped making the flagship of the fleet!

I would bet alot of folks look at PT's when they are heading for that elk or moose hunt of lifetime and wanna step up above a Core Lokt or Power Point they have been using for deer.

Back