People are losing their minds!

This is insane. With a gun show coming up in two weeks here in Dawson Creek, perhaps I had better take a few primers to the show. It'll pay for my trip down to Vancouver Island in May.

I picked up a brick of CCI250 magnum rifle primers last week for $37.00. I just showed this to my wife and got out of the hot water I was in.
Pop can you post a pic of that rifle I bought and say its $3000.00 ? :lol:

We had a show the first of the month and Winchester primers any that they make was $31 per thousand. I went backk the last day Sunday and hte man had sold 3 boxes of primers. The shop has had them all along for $23.99.

Things have gotten out of hand. To think I gave (repeat gave) away 3000 cci small rifle primers to my buddy who loads 223.

If you notice there are no hazmat fees being paid. I purchase a few thousand on GB before this Obama crap got really bad. They arrived to me in a flat rate priority box. Illegally shipped. There is not a legal way for an individual to ship primers and an FFL licence doesnt make it legal either. People must really want that cash to take the chance. Penalties are stiff..

Idaho_Elk_Huntr":1v75pl1t said:
If you notice there are no hazmat fees being paid. I purchase a few thousand on GB before this Obama crap got really bad. They arrived to me in a flat rate priority box. Illegally shipped. There is not a legal way for an individual to ship primers and an FFL licence doesnt make it legal either. People must really want that cash to take the chance. Penalties are stiff..

Well from this post, I browsed thru UPS' website. Crap, I, as an individual, can't ship haz mat items "LEGALLY". Oh well, I'll continue to be well stocked with GM210M primers.

The reponse I got was,

"If you do the buy it now there will not be any".

Yeah, right, $100+ for 1000 primers and most likely, shipped illegally --- NOT.

All good things come to an end. When one of these clowns get caught, he will use his obscene profits to help cover his legal expenses. :)

JD338

When the manufacturers catch up to the crazy panic induced demand I will be laughing.

If anyone wants to buy these I have:

2300 small pistol primers

1700 large rifle primers

2500 large pistol primers

3000 small rifle primers

I live in southwest Michigan, and travel for a living throughout the midwest.

I could even drop them off when I'm on one of my sales trips (spares the whole haz mat thing.)

Now is the time to sell. Manufacturing will catch up to demand soon. I've seen similar shortages before, though I admit that I don't recall such wild prices being paid. I have a goodly supply of rifle primers, and when I see some, if I'm a little skinny, I'll buy them. However, I don't think I'll be paying $161/1000 just yet, nor even $75/1000. I do notice, however, that Cabela's Canada lists F215s at $4.69/100, up from $3.99/100, when their backorder is filled, and Remington 9.5Ms are listed at $5.99/100, also up from $3.99/100; so there is a price increase coming, to be certain.

Paid $37.00 a case at my local store last week. Bought 2000 Fed 210, they were out of all mag pirmers and small rifle.

Pop, HOLY CRAP :eek: Thank god I have enough to do me for the next couple of years. I can't imagine what the prices might go to here in Canada, especially with the $ the way it is :shock:

DrMike

I live in the province as you and every one is out of primers i just bought the last 1000 small pistolmag and the last 300 lrg riffle in the kootneys my friend was in cow town both russels and wholesale are S.O.L . the lacal sporting good store is telling me he cannot get primmers for lrg riffle from van to ontario, this other guy i know just had his friend in van pick up 500 lrg mag riffle this was 3 weeks ago. and powdeer is getting to be just as bad.

Let production catch up................................ :wink:

Back