Pick A Scope

The scopes that we have which come from the Master Race, are designed to shoot in any visible light conditions, at any hour when game can be killed from a stand. This is legal in Europe and is why they have 30mm tube scopes with 56mm objective lenses and 98% light transmission specs. We do not need that level of performance from a scope, unless you are night hunting hogs or such. Our scopes seem to fit our needs quite well with 1 inch tubes and 40mm objectives,with 95% light transmission in nearly all cases.

Vince":q2lv4spa said:
Sako,

How do I tell if a scope is a "first focal plane" scope or something else when looking at the specs online?

By zooming it and checking if the reticle grows with the power setting, if not it is SFP reticle.

When viewing scopes online a first focal plane will be referred to as a f1 or ffp. These will also be more expensive than the same scope set in second focal plane.

Bought a Zeiss HD5 with a 50mm bell, for lack of the proper word, and the Z800 reticle. :grin:

Vince my nephew would be proud. He absolutely loves his.
I will be receiving my Diavari soon as well :wink:
I don't think you could of made a bad choice with the recommends
you received:)

Blessings,
Dan

Vince, I think that you have made an excellent choice and have bought a scope that will perform well for you for many years and hold its value well. All of the Zeiss Optik products that I own, including binoculars, are excellent,high performance optics and all have held up well in use. I have never had a Zeiss scope need repair for any issues progressively up the product ladder, since 1983, when I bought my first Diavari scope from Zeiss.

Vince":1xcxtnb8 said:
Bought a Zeiss HD5 with a 50mm bell, for lack of the proper word, and the Z800 reticle. :grin:

That should be an awesome set up. I know I am looking at one of them for my 338 Win Mag.

SJB358":1rs0xr8n said:
Vince":1rs0xr8n said:

That should be an awesome set up. I know I am looking at one of them for my 338 Win Mag.

Scotty if you get one you'll love it with out a doubt. They do work very very well.

Bill

Great choice for a caliber I like a lot, Zeiss is really sweet glass and no mistakes on that pick at all ! Congrats :)

I do not know what you are looking for, Scotty? You can get a Conquest HD5 3-15-42 for about $900. Or you can get a Conquest MC 3.5-10x44 for $450, open box at Cameraland, which is what I bought last month.

Oldtrader3":tu4xobbp said:
I do not know what you are looking for, Scotty? You can get a Conquest HD5 3-15-42 for about $900. Or you can get a Conquest MC 3.5-10x44 for $450, open box at Cameraland, which is what I bought last month.

Charlie, I was pretty sure I was getting the HD5, but I found that Swarovski 2.5x10 on here and put that on the 338.. Still might get the Zeiss, but it'll likely be in the future once my wallet finally stops breathing so hard!

Wallet hyperventilation can be a real problem for the serious shooter, Scotty. Mine has burns from being retrieved so frequently and so rapidly from my pocket. :grin:

DrMike":stm0pnm4 said:
Wallet hyperventilation can be a real problem for the serious shooter, Scotty. Mine has burns from being retrieved so frequently and so rapidly from my pocket. :grin:

I had to move to a flame retardant Nomex material for wallets for just such operations.. :lol:

I have a question. Where is the valve located on my Zeiss Conquest to inflat the inner tube Sako was talking about? Is it some kind of shock absorber for heavy recoiling magnums? :lol: :mrgreen:

Scotty, I knew that you had bought the 2.5-10 Swarovski, then this discussion popped up about an HD5 Zeiss. thought that maybe you were wealthy for awhile but got it straight now. Just timing!

Yes I believe that a lot of us have that problem :shock: or is it a problem.

Blessings,
Dan

I can not keep the Ben Franklins in my front pocket much less in my wallet :) I am so excited they will have a new model Ben Franklin out before Christmas supposedly? Credit Card kept in front pocket for daily use and I would rip my pocket trying to take my wallet out if I kept it in my wallet!! BUT my wallet has been kown to have a few Ben Franklin's in hiding on occasion!! Did not know you picked up a Swarovski Scotty NICE :))

Yeah buddy. Finally got one. First time out with it today and I gotta say, it is AWESOME. I love the First Focal Plane reticle and the scope itself just works excellent.

That model of Swarovski has been a world class winner scope for years. Rugged, great optically and World Class. Scotty, you can't go wrong with that model Swarovski scope. Certainly nothing wrong with Zeiss HD5 but this Swarovski is PH grade scope a is in a class by itself.

Seems like it Charlie. I am really liking it. It fits the Alaskan really well and the glass is excellent. I feel pretty good about it so far. Dials perfectly as well.

Back