Picked up the .375 H&H

idahohunter8

Beginner
May 7, 2015
Went down and picked her up off layaway today. I am sooo impressed on the fit and finish of these current production Winchesters - whatever they are doing in Portugal - keep it up!

The wood as you can see is pretty plain, but it seems very dense and just has a good solid feel about it. Tested the trigger on my gauge - 3.7 pounds with no creep or over travel - a keeper!!!

Now the next purchase will be the scope...I was dead set on picking up a 2.5-8x leupold today and cashing in on their current $100 mail in rebate promo (Even though I really don't like Leupold) but on one of the auction sites I found a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 NIB for $300....

So here's the question - Both New, Both $300, which one do you pick? I am heavily leaning to the Zeiss, but is there any reason why I should go the Leupold Route?

Attachments

• HH1.JPG
    HH1.JPG
    515.5 KB · Views: 877
  • HH2.JPG
    HH2.JPG
    504.4 KB · Views: 877
  • HH3.JPG
    HH3.JPG
    517.6 KB · Views: 877
Nice rifle! We should take our .375's and go shoot some steel together - it's not that far of a drive either way.

I'd go with the Leupold 2.5-8x, because I just flat love that scope. As soon as I sold mine to a buddy, I kicked my own rear end, because I'd been thinking it was the perfect "all-around" hunting scope.

But that's me... Hung up on Leupold for over 40 years.

Regards, Guy

I've got both scopes.

Hard to go wrong either way IMHO.

On a .375, I just like a straight tube like a 1-5x20....just aesthetics.

Nice rifle, I love my 375 H&H too (y) ..Can't go wrong with either scope, mine's topped off with a Zeiss HD5 2x10 and love it (y)

Lou

Congratulations on a beautiful rifle. Great cartridge, by the way.

I ordered the Zeiss 3-9x40 conquest...I was reminded by a buddy that when these first came out they were $499....Im very happy with it at $299.

I've used both, the Leupold is only slightly smaller proportioned to me. My "great idea" of having a 5# custom braked 340W kicked the guts out of them both! That rifle got rebarreled to a heavier barreled 338WM with Mag Na Porting. Neither scope was at fault though. I've also used the Zeiss 3x9 conquest on a couple 300WMs with perfect satisfaction, though now all I use is Leupold , though I have a couple Burris and a Bushnell 3200 that are swell. You will love that Zeiss, plus it gives your 'elephant/elk gun" a bit of "savoy fare" ha. I'm happy for you.

I have a 3-9 conquest on my 375 RUM it has held up really well, holding zero even after getting a good sized dent during an atv accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got a Zeiss Diavari on my Win 70 SS/Syn 375 and it works great. That rifle started out with a Leupy 2.5-8x36 but my BLR needed a scope so thats how it ended up. I dont think you can go wrong either way.

Beautiful 375. Looks like a really nice rifle. Can't wait to see it all set up.

What rings and bases are you thinking of?

Pretty sure I will be using Leupold dual dovetails with leupold rings....Can anyone tell me, would I be able to get away with low rings or will I need mediums?

Back