Precision 223 Load

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
I seized the chance to build some great precision loads for the 223 and find out how well they worked on paper... My goodness! :)

Link to the article and video: https://ultimatereloader.com/2022/05/22/insane-precision-223-loads-using-forster-equipment/

That Forster equipment is real nice, I understand why owners of the Co Ax press like it so much.

VrAgfeSh.jpg

mIu8xYxh.jpg

Regards, Guy

Nice shooting Guy, that is a tight group.
I like that Forster Co Ax, the floating dies allows the die to move to align the cases in compared to the screw in dies. I may look forward to buying a Co Ax if I part with my Redding Boss in the future.

Last edited:
Yep , that’s getting it done. Good job👍
I do use a Forester honed FL die and micro seater on my 30-378. Their micro seater also on 6.5 Creed. and 338 Lapua. Their dies are good stuff.

Yep , that’s getting it done. Good job👍
I do use a Forester honed FL die and micro seater on my 30-378. Their micro seater also on 6.5 Creed. and 338 Lapua. Their dies are good stuff.
I'd never used their dies before. Wow... What great dies!

Forster is a small company, and I believe under-appreciated.

Guy

I'd never used their dies before. Wow... What great dies!

Forster is a small company, and I believe under-appreciated.

Guy
I have Forster dies with Ultra Seater Dies for almost every caliber I personally own. There are a couple of exceptions for a couple of the oddball cartridges (9.3X64 Brenneke and 358 Norma Magnum). I made the transition many years ago and have always found the product to help in turning out quality ammunition.

I should have mentioned that I have a Forester Co-Ax press and I love it. Clean, easy to use and very quick to change out dies and resize cases. The case is in perfect alignment with the die and the mechanical advantage delivered by the stroke of the handle is incredible.
I should look into their dies...

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20220523_084007072.jpg
    IMG_20220523_084007072.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 6
Indeed, you should look at their dies, Jim. I do have a selection of dies (Forster, Redding, RCBS, Hornady, Lyman, Lee) and all are used at various times. However, I reach almost automatically for the Forster dies when first working with a cartridge.

I started using Forester (Bonanza BR Dies) in either '77 or '78. When I bought my straight-line seater die and since then they are I use for sizing (Both Neck and FL) and seating. In my opinion for the money, you can't beat them.

Sheesh! I shot Dads rifle in honor of his birthday over the weekend. Not kidding, my "groups" were 6 inches plus. A "one hole" group.... seems imaginary. Just not having much luck lately. Looks good- and a fancy rifle as well! Skill well rewarded. CL

Great shooting guy. I splashed out on some lapua .223 rem brass, CCI 450 Primers and Sierra 60 gr TMKs. I’m hoping for good groups, maybe not that good though ;)

Back