Prices

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
I received a call from our local shop telling me that my Talley rings were in for the Model 70, I could not believe the price taxes in was $82.00. I asked if that was the best price they could give and she advised yes. She advised that US dollar has really hurt them I stated this price was much more than a 20% increase in the last year, she just looked at me.
It will be the last time I purchase anything from TnT :evil: I have spent thousands of dollars there and also sent most of the people that ask where to buy from. From now on I will ship it from anywhere but not here :(!!

Blessings,
Dan

Just checked Prophet River in Lloydminister SK. and there you have no sales tax. Price is $54.00 for same set of Talley. So if you add on $10.00 for shipping it is still $13.00 cheaper :evil:.
I am just a little upset.

Blessings,
Dan

Ouch! However, the Canadian dollar has slid pretty dramatically against the US dollar this past year--especially in the past four or five months, Dan. Look at some of the powder prices for recent imports. My purchasing has slowed dramatically these past several months. You are correct that Prophet River is definitely competitive, however.

That kinda pricing rubs me the wrong way. I like to support our local gunstore and usually pay a few bucks more for a pound of powder or a box of bullets but its nice to have a gun shop close by. On the other hand retailers know the internet has made the world a smaller place for consumers and I guess its their choice to price products how they wish. I have paid a ransome more than once just because I needed an item and could not wait to order in.

Our local shop basically has a monopoly here and the prices reflect that. I can order in 1 lb powder from Nechako Outdoors for almost the same price and that includes shipping, 2 lbs and it is much better. So we order in most components or buy some when we hit Cabelas or similar store when we travel out on holidays.

Do you guys not pay a HazMat fees like we do to ship powder and primers? It's 28.50 plus shipping so if I order powder it's 8lbs or more but it is still cheaper than buying locally by 20.00+.

Yes we do and it isn't cheap. I don't mind to pay a bit more to a local shop but it is a two way street and they need to respect us as well.

I haven't since the border is a long ways away from here. I believe DrMike has said on our side there isn't a problem bringing stuff across but on your side Homeland Security does.

Dan,

I'm sure someone here in the States would ship you rings as a favor, but if they're the QR style, they're not much cheaper here.

George

Thank you George, but I have already purchased them as I did special order them as they do not carry Talley. The Talleys I ordered were the 1" Med lightweights. I will be shopping around from now on in all my shooting supplies.

Blessings,
Dan

Back