skidmark

Beginner
Oct 27, 2013
Was just wondering what everone else uses
to seat primers with. Been having some issues
lately had to uniform some pockets in new WW
brass....almost forgot what it was like haven't
used new brass in a long long time.

I use the RCBS Universal Priming Tool. It is about as slick as it gets. I still have a couple of Lee Auto-Prime which I almost never use.

Chalk up another for the RCBS tool, though mine is the original style, which uses press-style shellholders. Unlike the Lee tool, you can use the same shellholder in the tool and your press, negating the need to buy more than one. Consistent seating that is fool proof - that is all. Would not be without mine.

RCBS Universal Priming Tool. and Lee auto prime

I use two different ones. I have an older Lee hand primer and an older RCBS hand primer tool. I use both actually, the Lee for small primers and the RCBS for large primers. That way I can just snap in a shellholder and I am ready to load. Both of these work well and seat very uniformly if I do my part. I like being able to feel the primer seat in the case.

I hand prime everything. I have a RCBS and a Hornady, one set up with SRPs the other LRPs. It works very well for me and I like the "feel" that they give me.

Scott

All I've used is the Lee hand priming tool that came in my Lee kit.
Works for me.

I use to seat primers on my press till DrMike gave me his old style RCBS hand priming tool now I use it. Thanks again DrMike.

truck driver":2spu74kv said:
I use to seat primers on my press till DrMike gave me his old style RCBS hand priming tool now I use it. Thanks again DrMike.

Glad I was able to help. Good to see it getting used again.

I bought a Sinclair priming tool a few years ago and really like it. It is smooth, has great feel and is machined to perfection. My only issue with it is it does take about 5-10 minutes to change from a small rifle to a large rifle.

DrMike":2l7sjgn3 said:
I use the RCBS Universal Priming Tool. It is about as slick as it gets. I still have a couple of Lee Auto-Prime which I almost never use.

Same here, the RCBS universal tool is pretty danged good. I want another to use with small primers.

Back