Product Reviews

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Here ya go fellas.
Post your product reviews here to share with all.

JD338

Does this mean that I have to borrow new stuff? Surely it won't mean that I have to spend money to acquire more stuff? Whine. Whine.

I like it. Now I need to buy some stuff to populate this Awesome section. Scotty

Do you guys think I should break it up into smaller sections (optics, firearms, gear, clothing...) or just have everything under one heading?

Justin,

At least until things begin moving, it would seem that leaving it as one all-embracing forum would be the best move. If there gets to be a preponderance of one type of product versus all others, then you could respond as the situation dictates. That's my two cents.

I think it makes sense to leave it broad for now. I would think we will see what the variety will be shortly. Scotty

Justin,

I agree with Mike and Scotty. Lets get it moving and then break it down.

JD338

Easy enough, I just won't do anything for now then. :grin:

DrMike":12ynr0e0 said:
Does this mean that I have to borrow new stuff? Surely it won't mean that I have to spend money to acquire more stuff? Whine. Whine.

Mike..... that was so funny, I had to laugh :lol: Have you ever tried Hoppe's elite copper terminator? My usual arsenal of bore cleaners isn't removing all the copper.

I have used Hoppes Elite, and it works. I can't say that it works faster or better than others, however. I use Butch's Bore Shine on the rifles of customers. For my own rifles, I use CR10 for rifles smaller than 338 calibre, Sweets 7.62 on stainless barrels and K96 Copper Solvent on bores of .338 or larger.

Some rifles simply have a rough bore. In those instances, I use either J-B Bore Cleaning Compound or J-B Bore Brite. It is marketed by Brownell's.

Nodak7mm turned me onto IOSSO bore cleaner as well, and man, it works excellent for new bores that need some smoothing. I have found it works really well with the new Winchesters with the rougher bores. A few applications of this has them smoothed out nicely and really gets the crap outta the rifling. Not something you would do everytime, but when you want it nice and shiny, this is my new go to. Scotty

I agree with the others. Keep it one broad forum for a while at least. Guys can search easily enough for particular topics they might be interested in. Thanks for doing this for us.

Back