programming the ChargeMaster 1500 to be faster

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Hi folks, I upgraded from the old RCBS Partner scale of 15 odd years to a FX 120 and just got the Chargemaster 1500 to speed up my charges. I am setting the charge a grain under from the Chargemaster, to the FX120 for trickling to the accurate measurement and dumping into cases. The 1500 kind of keeps up with me by the time I am dumping charges into cases. There is a reprogramming that you set into the 1500 to trickle faster. Is there any pro and cons doing that? I hear that you cannot go back to default once you reprogram. Anyone have any feedback on this? And for those who programmed, how do you like it? Thanks

I've done mine and it made the thing usable. It isn't just faster, it is more accurate.

If you write down the values before you change them you can put it back to factory.

I have a small metal insert in the end of the dispenser I got from Europe; that helped a bunch, too.

jimbires":ecabemb8 said:
Tackdriver , of topic here , what trickler did you buy ?

Just the old maunal RCBS trickler I've had for 20 years with the upgrade kit. All I need is a few kernels to add. No big deal for me because I am not making large batches.

Back