Question for Nosler

Britz

Beginner
Mar 10, 2007
Just a thought, I have been watching and posting on this site for about a year and a half now, and lots of great info here. I also post on the site on my signiture below too. Have you ever considered chiming in on other sites to answer questions or provide some tec advice?

BTW, some may be happy to know that the AccuBond has a very large following over there too. Ive been doing a little polling to find out for sure ;)

Britz":3gnqhswh said:
Just a thought, I have been watching and posting on this site for about a year and a half now, and lots of great info here. I also post on the site on my signiture below too. Have you ever considered chiming in on other sites to answer questions or provide some tec advice?

BTW, some may be happy to know that the AccuBond has a very large following over there too. Ive been doing a little polling to find out for sure ;)

I can understand why the AccuBond would have a large following because of the BC for long range hunting, but I don't shoot animals over 500-600yds and have only once. I prefer hunting and getting closer. Of course they have the rifles and terrain that favors that kind of hunting. I think they should use the AccuBond hunting long range and not the Berger bullets. And some have figured that out, that the AccuBond is a better hunting bullet than the Berger.

Every bullet has it's pros and cons. The AB has been known to not open up on impact at longer ranges. I'm not knocking the bullet but this is just some observation. I use the AB and plan on continuing my use of it. I have never taken game at beyond 350 yards or so, but I sure am looking for the opportunity to stretch my legs lol!

The berger been known to preform better at lower velocities (ie longer ranges). As we all know, it has more to do with shot placement than with the pill we use.

Thanks for the reply!

Britz

I am a member over at longrangehunting. Yes, the AB is a great long range bullet with good BC and predictable on game performance.
Most of the fellas there seem to prefer the SMK and VLD Berger bullets which are NOT game bullets.

JD338

I think heavy weight NBT's would be the ticket for LR bullets. They'll open up better at long range and still have more then enough penetration at the low velocity.

Bergers are quite fragile bullets. I'm done with them and will go back to NBT's.

Now for the 338 ultra mags etc, its real tough to beat the 300g SMK for long range. The AB's dont come close to energy or wind drift. Untell someone else makes a good "hunting" 300g bullet, I"ll be sticking with the SMK's. Will try the Berger 300g VLD when it comes out, keepin my fingers crossed!!

remingtonman_25_06":2yhe1wgn said:
I think heavy weight NBT's would be the ticket for LR bullets. They'll open up better at long range and still have more then enough penetration at the low velocity.

Bergers are quite fragile bullets. I'm done with them and will go back to NBT's.

Now for the 338 ultra mags etc, its real tough to beat the 300g SMK for long range. The AB's dont come close to energy or wind drift. Untell someone else makes a good "hunting" 300g bullet, I"ll be sticking with the SMK's. Will try the Berger 300g VLD when it comes out, keepin my fingers crossed!!

Is this a hint that Nosler should consider a 338 cal 300 AccuBond??????? 8) 8) 8)

Richracer1":1yf3p5x5 said:
remingtonman_25_06":1yf3p5x5 said:

Is this a hint that Nosler should consider a 338 cal 300 AccuBond??????? 8) 8) 8)

+1
I have been hinting for a 338 cal 300 gr AB or BT!
I know Nosler won't do the .768 BC like the 300 gr SMK but a high .6 would be a big hit (literally) for the long range crowd.

JD338

remingtonman_25_06":gzdbpach said:

I have 3 poll's going over there. One asking for the favorite LRH bullet for factory rifles, one for custom rifles and a third asking for the favorite hunting bullet period.

The one asking for the favorite hunting bullet, the ab has the lead by a long shot.http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/ ... oll-38594/

the one asking for the favorite custom, the VLD has the lead.http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/ ... les-38625/

The one asking for favorite lrh factory, the VLD does too. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/ ... rel-38624/

Three different polls with some different results. I do understand that the polls are limited in there scope but interesting.

Great question; if the guys over at Longrange (or any of the other forums for that matter) wanted us to chime in once in a while we'd be more than happy. We haven't simply because we don't want to crash anybody's party or come across as trying to <b>push</b> our products on anybody.

As far as a 300gr. AccuBond goes, I've been pitching it every chance I get! :grin: We usually don't hear about something until it's ready for release so who knows? Remember: the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Chiming in on another forum and answering questions is indeed a tricky business.
Some posters on 24 hour campfire were asking about Bivwack and where AccuBond seconds can be purchased from. When I answered and posted the shooter's pro site and the Bivwack site I was apparently banned for trying to "pitch" Nosler goodies.
I say apparently because I have not been able to log in under "POP" since last May and dozens of e-mails inquiring why have gone unanswered by Rick Bin.
Also a "specialized" forum like Longrangehunting is sometimes kind of difficult to deal with. What I mean by that is that they have their own way of doing things, which is ok, but if you deviate from that you will get bombarded.
Case in point.....
One hunter made a headshot on a cow elk at 1203 yards. Everybody bought him internet beers and gave him medals for his accomplishment. When I asked why he aimed at the head at such long range it came out that he was aiming at the shoulder, and he made a lucky shot when the head was hit. This mattered to no one there. When I mentioned that this is why we should not take shots like that I was crucified.
I am not Nosler nor do I speak for them. I just help keep this place a pleasant and informative place to be. That said I do believe I have a good amount of knowledge and definately entitled to my opinion but I got fried there for stating same.
So yeah if they come here we would be more than happy to help and share our knowledge with anyone who wants it.

Nosler4":1dk0itrg said:
As far as a 300gr. AccuBond goes, I've been pitching it every chance I get! :grin: We usually don't hear about something until it's ready for release so who knows? Remember: the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Hint hint. :wink: :wink: :wink:

JD338

Nosler4":2fsjomqz said:

I think that wheel has gone beyond squeaking, it's down right howling like a bad wheel bearing. :) :) :) :)

POP":1e0ttsoc said:
Chiming in on another forum and answering questions is indeed a tricky business.
Some posters on 24 hour campfire were asking about Bivwack and where AccuBond seconds can be purchased from. When I answered and posted the shooter's pro site and the Bivwack site I was apparently banned for trying to "pitch" Nosler goodies.
I say apparently because I have not been able to log in under "POP" since last May and dozens of e-mails inquiring why have gone unanswered by Rick Bin.
Also a "specialized" forum like Longrangehunting is sometimes kind of difficult to deal with. What I mean by that is that they have their own way of doing things, which is ok, but if you deviate from that you will get bombarded.
Case in point.....
One hunter made a headshot on a cow elk at 1203 yards. Everybody bought him internet beers and gave him medals for his accomplishment. When I asked why he aimed at the head at such long range it came out that he was aiming at the shoulder, and he made a lucky shot when the head was hit. This mattered to no one there. When I mentioned that this is why we should not take shots like that I was crucified.
I am not Nosler nor do I speak for them. I just help keep this place a pleasant and informative place to be. That said I do believe I have a good amount of knowledge and definately entitled to my opinion but I got fried there for stating same.
So yeah if they come here we would be more than happy to help and share our knowledge with anyone who wants it.

Well Pop, I agree with your sentiment (think thats spelled close enought???) I don't agree with the "pull and pray" mentality, but I do like the idea of shooting long range. Put another way... I like to push myself to the limit, but I don't want to push myself beyond my limit.

THE AB is a great long range hunting bullet and delivers well. I have killed antelope with them past 500 yards and they don't go more than 20 yards and I have killed large WT deer in the mid 400 range and they drop in there tracks no problems with them performing at least not the 110's from my 25-06

Britz":1nfxx6g1 said:
POP":1nfxx6g1 said:
Case in point.....

Well Pop, I agree with your sentiment (think thats spelled close enought???) I don't agree with the "pull and pray" mentality, but I do like the idea of shooting long range. Put another way... I like to push myself to the limit, but I don't want to push myself beyond my limit.

Very nicely stated and I can appreciate that sir! :wink:

I wondered where you had dissapearred to POP. I like that site but the owner I dont know about. I have purchased 3 Leupold scopes from him and have had prblems all 3 times.
I also like this site but dont think I will deal anymore on bivak or with the hunters pro shop.

Forums overall can be tricky...many times I've written something and recieved a little backlash only to re-read my post and I came across as rude or chastizing (when that was not my intention). Sometimes it's hard to get your point across over a computer.

I really enjoy this forum and I belong to only one other forum for these reasons.

This place is a wealth of knowledge and everybody here is always willing to help.

I really wish that Nosler would chime in on products in the works or bounce more ideas off of the loyal customers that have joined this forum, however, I do understand how the business world works and the idea of not "showing everybody the cards in your hand".

The one thing that I really enjoy is that I don't hear any trash talking about other bullet makers on this site. That shows that Nosler and the people on this forum are mature and are in it for the love of the sport. In my eyes, anyway...

and Pop...you are a life saver...thank you for taking the time to help everybody out.

Colin":2cu134ao said:
The one thing that I really enjoy is that I don't hear any trash talking about other bullet makers on this site. That shows that Nosler and the people on this forum are mature and are in it for the love of the sport. In my eyes, anyway...

and Pop...you are a life saver...thank you for taking the time to help everybody out.

Colin,

There is a lot to learn just by listening. From our view point, that is why we are here, to learn more about bullets, loading, shooting, hunting etc.

JD338

JD338":1z6hwh7c said:
Colin":1z6hwh7c said:

Colin,

There is a lot to learn just by listening. From our view point, that is why we are here, to learn more about bullets, loading, shooting, hunting etc.

JD338

And to add to JD's comment, I believe Nosler uses the information we provide in our threads. What better R&D than real people using your products in the real world with a huge variety of applications that would be cost prohibitive for a company to fund for themselves.

colin and jd, very true that this is a very respectable site! one reason I don't visit a couple other sites much any more. Most of the people contributing here and a couple other sites are mature and respectful

Back