RADD- Rifle Addiction Deficit Disorder

I confess,but I'm glad to hear that I share this disease with many of you.In fact,just yesterday,my FFL called me on a new arrival!!!!!!!I caught the disease in the summer of 2008.It was the first case of RADD I've had in about fourteen years.I had to see my FFL three times that summer.Then in January of 2009 it started all over again.I had three visits to the FFL again in 2009.I found myself having to move guns of lesser value out of my safe to make room for the ones of greater value.I just could not stand leaving them out,so I bought another safe.I welcomed the security and the extra room.My addiction has gotten much worse since the new safe has been added,I've had to see my FFL seven times this year!!!!!!!!!!Now both my safes are full,I buy powder in 8lb jugs,primers by the thousands,bullets by the hundreds and sooooo many to pick from too,brass by the hundreds and the list of misc. items goes on and on.So guys I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now TXbaldhunter that's funny. If any of you have read any of Patrick McMannus you have to get his book that has the story called "Gunrunning Past Your Wife", or just "Gunrunning" His stories are a short few pages of different adventures he had growing up both imagined and real. Somehow I could see this one having a lot of truth to it! :p I will not give it away what by telling even a portion of the story, but it is MUST READ for every one of us on this site!! Yes it is that good and buying his book with just this story in it for just this one story is worth it! :mrgreen:

Well I started to get a grip on this disease and actually placed 2 rifles and a number of different components up for sale. I had a number of so called sales but each one fell through. When I asked it to go COD the buyer backed out and the other deals seemed good until I accepted their offers and then they attempted to low ball me:mad:. So I have decided to let my boys sell off my supplies and rifles once I leave to live in paradise;)!!

Blessings,
Dan

Sounds quite reasonable, Dan. Hey, where you been keeping yourself? Haven't heard from you in a while. Good to see that you're still looking down on the grass rather than examining the underside.;)

This sickness is cureable! First step is to simply get interested in shotguns.......
Very easily cured once you begin to invest in fancy shotguns, ( no money left over for crumie old center fire rifles!
The sickness is self inflicted, you are not actually born with it ,as many will suggest!

Thirteen years later.....
I bought 2 rifles last year. I have a Weatherby Backcountry 2.0 6.5 Weatherby RPM on the radar screen. And if I ask Sue, I'm sure she will need ani gun besides the Springfield Armory Hellcat.
No end in sight fellas...

JD338

Ha Ha Ha, at 78 years of age I keep telling myself that I have no use for more firearms. I don't get out hunting like I used to and I don't shoot some of my rifles very much anymore. So I just went out and bought a S&W .22 pistol for plinking and informal target shooting. Cheap to shoot, very little recoil and easy on the hand. We never learn.

Ha Ha Ha, at 78 years of age I keep telling myself that I have no use for more firearms. I don't get out hunting like I used to and I don't shoot some of my rifles very much anymore. So I just went out and bought a S&W .22 pistol for plinking and informal target shooting. Cheap to shoot, very little recoil and easy on the hand. We never learn.

I know... I don't need all the doggone firearms that I've accumulated over the years. Every now and again I make an effort to thin the herd a bit. Somehow I seem to end up with just as many or more within a year or two.

Guy

I know... I don't need all the doggone firearms that I've accumulated over the years. Every now and again I make an effort to thin the herd a bit. Somehow I seem to end up with just as many or more within a year or two.

Guy
Ain't it the truth! 🥴

Back