Ramshot Grand. 7mm Rem Mag

Looks pretty good to me! Are you going to shoot some groups next? If I wasn’t so deep in H1000…I’d definitely be trying Grand out.

Looks pretty good to me! Are you going to shoot some groups next? If I wasn’t so deep in H1000…I’d definitely be trying Grand out.
Yep, I can't stuff enough H-1000 in the case to get the velocity Grand shows right off with room to spare.

Darn it! I hate when new powders come out and you fellas get great stuff right out of the gate. That’s nearly Mashburn speeds with the 160’s Bruce. My original load was 75.5 of H 1000 for 3200 with a 160 Nosler.

I have tried Grand with my Tikka 7MM Rem Mag. I have not gotten the speeds you have but I have gotten the best velocity I have ever gotten out of my rifle. My tikka only has a 24 inch tube so I typically do not get the same velocities as others but I am very impressed with the speed and accuracy out of the gate with Grand.

I have tried Grand with my Tikka 7MM Rem Mag. I have not gotten the speeds you have but I have gotten the best velocity I have ever gotten out of my rifle. My tikka only has a 24 inch tube so I typically do not get the same velocities as others but I am very impressed with the speed and accuracy out of the gate with Grand.
Mine is a Win M70 with a 26" barrel.

Good to see the solid base are working for you.
I was wondering how they would do.
Might have to give them a try here.
The 162 solid base is a sentimental favorite of mine. It was my go do load for 7mm mag with IMR-7828 up until they discontinued the solid base. I've taken dozens of deer with that combo. Alas, now I can't get 7828, but this Grand may be even better.

Mine is a Win M70 with a 26" barrel.
If I shoot the barrel out on this Tikka I will re-barrel it with a 26" barrel. This rifle shoots extremely accurate just a bit slower than most 7 mags. I know the old saying holds true "It doesn't matter how fast you miss" but I like to get magnum speeds out of a magnum caliber.

Back