Ran across a good deal.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
At a flea market today and a guy had 4 boxes of 300 savage cases, some full some not. 2 Remington 1 old Peters box, and 1 Winchester. $5 for all. Ended up being 62 cases with 6 or so looking corroded so I'll probably toss some but still too cheap to pass up.

Didn't shoot the 300 savage I picked up yet, but now that I got brass it shouldn't be long.

Cool.
I especially like the old boxes too.
Might throw the corroded ones in a tumbler and see what happens.
Nice find.

Dwh7271":3meay0zu said:
Cool.
Nice find.

Yep I'm gonna throw them all in the tumbler so I can make sure of any bad ones.
Far as the find, it took waiting to run across the right person I guess. Ever since I got the gun I've been asking any vendor I run across that has gun stuff, if they have any 300 savage brass. The answer I get is either "no," or "none I want to sell."

Could've paid the price for new brass and I still might at some point, but it was nice to pick some up just to start messing with it first.

ShadeTree":2r5hyo4z said:
Dwh7271":2r5hyo4z said:
Cool.
Nice find.

Yep I'm gonna throw them all in the tumbler so I can make sure of any bad ones.
Far as the find, it took waiting to run across the right person I guess. Ever since I got the gun I've been asking any vendor I run across that has gun stuff, if they have any 300 savage brass. The answer I get is either "no," or "none I want to sell."

Could've paid the price for new brass and I still might at some point, but it was nice to pick some up just to start messing with it first.

Very cool. The SS media tumbler is wicked on that old tarnished brass. It'll make it look brand new.. Shameless plug for it, but man, it works really well.

I wouldn't be scared of annealing that old brass either, just to rejuvenate it some too..

Back