Range Day 6.5 PRC 142 ABLR

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Got out today with my Son in law's Savage High Country 6.5 PRC to try out the 142 grain ABLR with RL 26...The Magnetospeed crapped out first thing, but I think it should be stepping along around 3100, according to the data..Not too shabby for a first time out with the rifle, aside from the break-in process..There was another node down around mid-range..It appears he has a shooter on his hands..I swear, it took longer mixing and matching the different sized stock components to get the check height and LOP set than it did to find a load it likes LOL. But the more I mess around with the Accu-Stock, the more I like it. The internal aluminum "Chassis" (their words, not mine) makes for a rigid platform. The VG-6 Gamma brake makes it like shooting a 223 (a REALLY loud 223)..Topped with an Athlon Ares BTR...I'm not done with it yet, I think it's time to adjust the seating depth +/- and maybe dial it in tighter.. I think 57.6 may be the winner, I blame some of the horizontal spread and the wind today. I think a calm day it'l be better.

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,743
  • IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,744
Hunter where did you find brass at? I'm going to get the tactical and can't find any brass. Good shooting by the way.

sako2":zfhvgy66 said:
Hunter where did you find brass at? I'm going to get the tactical and can't find any brass. Good shooting by the way.

He has Hornady he got from Grafs before they sold out, and its decent brass. A couple weeks ago he ordered 100 pcs of ADG from creedmoorsports.com, and its top shelf brass IMO..Last I checked it was available. A little spendy at about $80 for 50 pcs, but if it gets twice, or more, the life of Hornady, it works out..

DANG good shooting right there! That is a killer combo, great looking rifle as well!

SJB358":s8yujprq said:
DANG good shooting right there! That is a killer combo, great looking rifle as well!

Yeah, I think it'l handle most anything he's likely to want to hunt...Because 26 is so dang scarce, I wanted to give RL-23 a try just to have a backup..
This load is chrony'd 3013, 3019, 3002

Attachments

• IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,532
Back