Range day part 2

Elkman

Handloader
Apr 4, 2010
Well I broke out the 300 WM and The 7 mm Mag again today . We had perfect shooting conditions 180 degrees wind at 5 mph. First up the 300. Again shooting with a bipod a 615 yards. All three shots felt good. Upon arriving at the target I found that my group was about 4 inches low and 6 to the right, two shots fit under a dime and the third was out to 11 o'clock. Overall group size was 3.809. I did not fare so well with the 7 mm, two groups at 6 inches, after the second group no more adjustments are needed. The 7 will shoot smaller groups with other bullets, but the AB will get the job done in the woods. Both theses rifles are nothing special, the 300 is a 1966 push feed with a composite stock and Zeiss 4.5. X 14 scope. The 7 is a little older, with a factory stainless barrel, composite stock, and an identical scope. Happy guy today everything came together.

Nothing better than positive accuracy confirmation, love it. Seems to me out to 615 a notched tag should attach easily.

wonderful , using field positions and shooting under a 4" group at 600 yards , sounds like meat in the freezer to me .

The rifleman makes the difference, Bill. Comforting to know that all will work when the opportunity presents itself.

Thank you guys, "I have never blamed the rifle" . I feel good about both of them.

Elkman":jq4es139 said:
Thank you guys, "I have never blamed the rifle" . I feel good about both of them.

They are a pretty good pair that is for certain.

Back