Range session, rifle & pistol

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
My thursdays have time reserved for the range. Dashed over to the range for a little practice. With the .45 Kimber, I was burning ammo fast! :grin: Went through 150 rounds, all of it shooting while moving, shooting and moving, drawing, re-holstering, rapid reloads, tactical reloads, double taps, failure drills etc... 7 yards to 50 yards. LOVE THAT STUFF!

As the Kimber was cooling down, I packed up and headed over to the 200 yard yard rifle range with a pair of bolt action .30 cal Remington 700's. The .308 Green Machine and the .30-06 700 CDL.

Set up the chronograph (primarily for the .30-06 loads) and set up the Precision Tactical steel target at 200 yards.

I only fired 20 rounds, ten from the .30-06 and ten from the .308 Win, all from standing, using the "hasty sling" for a little added stability. The steel target was rocked pretty consistently. I LOVE the instant feedback from a steel target! Hate the silence from a miss... :(

The .308 was chewing up 168 grain Federal Gold Medal factory ammo at 2711 fps.

The .30-06 was using a handload of the 165 Nosler Ballistic Tip, pushed by 58 gr H4350 for 2850 fps.

Packed up after 20 rounds, and called it good for the morning!

Hope everyone gets out and does some shooting soon. It puts a smile on my face!

Guy

Looks like a good day. I am going stir crazy until I can walk up and down the range again.

Great range day Guy! I try to get my boy to head to the range and practice with his 7x57 and my 7mm WSM but I couldn't get him to budge since he had a party to go to!

Grumble, grumble, grumble... :evil:

Maybe tomorrow, don't have too much to do till I head to Camp Lejeune.

Back